• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do you call Airtran?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have never heard "Da Tranny" among my own colleagues in seven years of service... If anything I do think that it is a little rude coming from an OA pilot you've never seen.

. . . . So, we'll put you down in the "few grumpy old men" column? ;):laugh::laugh:

Seriously, I agree, the guy was probably not sure if it was meant in a friendly way or a condescending way.

Last edited:
I wish all of the AirTran guys the best of luck with this merger. I've commuted on many jumpseats, and...hands down...AirTran crew have been the kindest, most accommodating and hospitable bunch of people I've ever encountered in this industry. Truly, a class act. Southwest is lucky to have you guys, but I'm sure the feeling is mutual. Good luck and best wishes.

Beats Aitransexual.....like when Elton was on the side....

Good luck AT guys.....even if you do have to fly with GUP :laugh:....TIC

Like the DAL/NWA deal, this should be a win win situation for both groups. AAI guys will get a hefty raise, stability, and perhaps better management. The WN guys may get quicker upgrades, along with a few perks that might be negotiable during intergration. Should make for a powerhouse in the low cost segment, no ifs or buts.

There really isn't much to not like. I believe the pilot seniority lists will be merged fairly without much hassle.

Like the DAL/NWA deal, this should be a win win situation for both groups. AAI guys will get a hefty raise, stability, and perhaps better management. The WN guys may get quicker upgrades, along with a few perks that might be negotiable during intergration. Should make for a powerhouse in the low cost segment, no ifs or buts.

There really isn't much to not like. I believe the pilot seniority lists will be merged fairly without much hassle.

I'm guessing you are an AirTran guy? ;)

Gup

Aww Gup.....

You guys aren't being too kind to your fellow co-workers. As it was relayed to me on the phone...."there goes our culture!!" YGBSM?!?!?! This guy was worried about the culture?? No, he was worried about his upgrade going bye-bye......

So step back, wait until the facts come out and grab a seat at the table they call humility. You guys just fell back to earth......

And yes, I saw your smiley, but you guys are turning raw and it's only been 48 hours.

Latest resources

Back