• Friendliest aviation community on the web

GuppyWN

Hey AirTran dudes -

What is the nickname for AirTran?

No, this is not a joke. I will explain later. :D

Gup

Seconding da tranny.

OK here's the deal.

I'm in line at security last week in front of one of your bro's. I ask "how are things at da Tranny" trying to chat the guy up. In return I get "I don't work there." After carefully studying the "a" on his wings and the "AirTran" on his badge I say "oh, I thought you were an AirTran guy." He says "yes I work for AirTran."

I knew he was now pissed at me and instead of apologizing I simply said "uh, ok" and walked off hoping he was going to jumpseat on my flight! :)

Should I refrain from da Tranny next time? Lord knows I'd hate to get all of you pissed at me.

Gup

OK here's the deal.

I'm in line at security last week in front of one of your bro's. I ask "how are things at da Tranny" trying to chat the guy up. In return I get "I don't work there." After carefully studying the "a" on his wings and the "AirTran" on his badge I say "oh, I thought you were an AirTran guy." He says "yes I work for AirTran."

I knew he was now pissed at me and instead of apologizing I simply said "uh, ok" and walked off hoping he was going to jumpseat on my flight! :)

Should I refrain from da Tranny next time? Lord knows I'd hate to get all of you pissed at me.

Gup

I'm sure it all went down exactly like you described it, (cough, cough, bull$hit). Maybe he thought you were a tool and rather than telling you to f-off he was just trying to ignore you.? Either way, if you need to make some new friends, go try Craigslist. And for Gawd's sake, stop worrying about some Hater 'Tranny pilot disrespecting.

I have no doubt he thought I was tool. That wasn't the question. The question was if you guys went by da Tranny. This dude obviously took offense to it.

Gup

Latest resources

Back