Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do the SWA guys lose by not making a deal with FAPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gup,

I don't think relative should be supported, or DOH. Personally, I would start at the half way point in the SWA seniority list, and then throw one F9 guy in, and then 5 or so SWA guys. Something like that. Give some of the senior F9 guys some credit for longevity. You can then staple the Lynx guys, and then that would give some more protection. There you go.

Bye Bye---General Lee

That sounds pretty sensible to me. Use a formula that rewards longevity but does not give away Capt slots. Keep the Dash pilots at the very bottom. Hey, 40+ airplanes (probably many more than 40) would be on the way to replace the buses anyway.

I am sure SWA management is fuming right now. Why would they agree to pay something like $60M more than Republic unless they really wanted/needed F9 and the DEN hub for growth? But I guess the SWA pilots should decide everything from a strategic point of view with or without SWA management. If this deal caves that arrogance will be a HUGE STRATEGIC BLUNDER because Republic (despite their low pay which I disagree with) will want to grow F9.

Maybe all you SWA Top Gun pilots should watch this video and realize your glory days are long over:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8afa50b440/iceman-the-later-years-from-nino

what percent? how do you own growth or passengers?

Through your collective bargaining agreement.

G. MERGER PROTECTION

1. In the event of a merger between the Company and another air carrier (i.e. the combination of all or substantially all the assets of the 2 carriers) where the pre-merger operations are integrated, the integration shall be in accordance with Sections 2, 3, and 13 of the Labor Protective Provisions specified by the Civil Aeronautics Board in the Allegheny-Mohawk merger (“Allegheny-Mohawk LPP’s”). The term merger as used herein means joint action by the 2 carriers whereby they unify, consolidate, merge, or pool in whole or in part their separate airline facilities or any of the
operations or services previously performed by them through such separate facilities.

2. In the event the Company acquires all or substantially all of the assets or equity of another air carrier, or another air carrier acquires all or substantially all of the assets or equity of the Company, the Company shall meet promptly with the Association to negotiate a possible Fence Agreement to be in effect during the period, if any, the 2 carriers are operated separately without integration of the Pilot work force. These discussions shall not be pursuant to Section 6 of the Railway Labor Act, as amended, and reaching an agreement with the Association shall not be a prerequisite for closing, or any other aspect of the transaction or operations pursuant to the transaction.

H. SUCCESSORSHIP

1. This Agreement shall be binding upon any successor or assign of the Company unless and until changed in accordance with the provisions of the Railway Labor Act, as amended.

For the purposes of this Paragraph H, a successor or assign shall be defined as an Entity, which acquires all or substantially all of the assets or equity of the Company through a single transaction or multi-step, related transactions.

2. No contract or other legally binding commitment involving a successor or assign shall be signed or otherwise entered into unless it is agreed as a material and irrevocable condition of entering into, concluding and implementing such transaction that the successor shall be bound by this Agreement, shall recognize the Association as the representative of the Pilots, and shall assume the employment of the Pilots.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back