Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What did the Trannies offer Midwest as a SLI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Midwest and Airtran never even talked about merging the lists. What's the point of this thread? Is it to rub salt in the wounds of the Midwest pilots without jobs?

God, you guys are a bunch of paranoid conspiracy theorists. A buddy and I were talking about the SWATA deal, and he asked what went down when AT was interested in Midwest. I had no idea, so I thought I'd post the question here, and clearly, it's worked swimmingly.

Why in the world would anyone try to rub salt in the wounds of guys who've lost their jobs? Seriously, some of you folks are pathetic.

On the internal AT boards a relative SLI was mentioned as what they were prepared to offer...don't know if that's true cause I wasn't quite there yet.

As a furloughed Midwest guy, I'm not offended at all. He has the right to ask the question, and where if not here? I will say, I have no idea if there was any banter back and forth about SLI. Even if there was, I see no relevance to the AT and SWA merger.

On the internal AT boards a relative SLI was mentioned as what they were prepared to offer...don't know if that's true cause I wasn't quite there yet.

must . . . not . . . . post . . . . . resist . . . urge . . . . argh!!

I know what they offered ATA when they tried to buy our Midway operation - work the routes until we can hire replacements then hit the bricks!

Humm. There are more ATA guys at AT than SWA, you may want to rethink that statement.

Humm. There are more ATA guys at AT than SWA, you may want to rethink that statement.

NO,he doesn`t need to rethink that statement,there was never any thought given to the Pilots of ATA by the Airtran pilot group when their management team was circleing the waters at MDW.We didn`t hear one word from the non-union Boys and Girls at Airtran.But when they became the poster child for ALPA,every other post from Trannys was about how they had to have SCOPE!

Strobzz

You might want to educate yourself on the situation before you make yourself sound like even more of a fool. I stand by my statement - I WAS THERE.

The number hired after ATA tanked is another discussion, and I will agree with you on that point, but that is not the subject at hand.

I was on the ATA Negotiating Committee during bankruptcy and the first deal floated from FL had the ATA pilots flying in caretaker status as the aircraft were transferred to the FL certificate. We would have gone from 1200+ pilots to zero in 18 months. There was never any stated consideration to offer the ATA pilots anything but the door while this occurred.

The ATA ALPA pilots took it upon themselves to approach America West and work out a deal. We had the whole thing tied up with final signatures by all parties, when word of the Continental deal for our 757-300's (brokered by our "friends" at SWA) broke and scuttled the whole deal. The rest is history and SWA ended up getting exactly what they wanted in the bankruptcy auction.

I got hired at FL after being on the street for six months without any known consideration for being a former ATA pilot. If the original FL deal had prevailed there might have been some hiring consideration, but the was none floated at the time and statements by some FL pilots at the time were far worse than any of the self-entitled crap I've heard in the current FL/SWA situation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back