Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What did the Trannies offer Midwest as a SLI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was on the ATA Negotiating Committee during bankruptcy and the first deal floated from FL had the ATA pilots flying in caretaker status as the aircraft were transferred to the FL certificate. We would have gone from 1200+ pilots to zero in 18 months. There was never any stated consideration to offer the ATA pilots anything but the door while this occurred.

The ATA ALPA pilots took it upon themselves to approach America West and work out a deal. We had the whole thing tied up with final signatures by all parties, when word of the Continental deal for our 757-300's (brokered by our "friends" at SWA) broke and scuttled the whole deal. The rest is history and SWA ended up getting exactly what they wanted in the bankruptcy auction.

I got hired at FL after being on the street for six months without any known consideration for being a former ATA pilot. If the original FL deal had prevailed there might have been some hiring consideration, but the was none floated at the time and statements by some FL pilots at the time were far worse than any of the self-entitled crap I've heard in the current FL/SWA situation.

That's unfortunate all around.

Gup

It sure is quiet from the Critter guys at Value Jet on this one!

Not really quiet, the topic of Midwest is all water under the bridge. The Midwest ALPA gave full support to Tim H. and we never got past the negotiating phase when NWA-TPG bought them. I did hear that the Midwest pilots wanted DOH and we were prepared to offer them relative seniority with appropriate fences.

The handling of the ATA deal in my opinion was poorly carried out. AirTran should have offered to bring all the employees from ATA into the fold and not just the gates in MDW. Asking the former ATA employees to perform sub service for AirTran until we were able to replace them was in my opinion poor taste.

It sure is quiet from the Critter guys at Value Jet on this one!

Did 400A-hole get banned? 'Cause this is either him or his F/A boytoy.

Everyone else seems to remember that the AirTran/Valujet merger was over 13 years ago . . . . except for Boris/Yogurt/Fireman/Lizard/whatever else she calls herself.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back