• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What did SAPA do about this?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please, encourage Skywest pilot's not to vote. We don't want a third party on our property.

Jerry has a contract with the Skywest BOD. He has a lawyer who gives him council on negotiating said contract...

Jerry can have a contract... but he doesn't want you to have a contract... what is good for Jerry is not for you...

ALPA has done many things for all of us even before we were born! And they continue to champion safety whether or not you are member. Has TCAS or GPWS ever given you a warning? You can thank ALPA for that!
quote]
WOW did they invent the internet too? ohhh no that was al gore... wait.. was he alpa? i dont know it must have been before i was born...
I do like the new gold stickers... "alpa, 75 years of pilots in command" see im justified... only an fo.. sic for me!

ALPA has done many things for all of us even before we were born! And they continue to champion safety whether or not you are member. Has TCAS or GPWS ever given you a warning? You can thank ALPA for that!
quote]
WOW did they invent the internet too? ohhh no that was al gore... wait.. was he alpa? i dont know it must have been before i was born...
I do like the new gold stickers... "alpa, 75 years of pilots in command" see im justified... only an fo.. sic for me!

No, they did not invent the internet or claim to. And Gore was not ALPA.

Do you not believe me? Was I not justified and writing factual information?

Here is something ALPA has done in your lifetime - CrewPass. You can thank the dues paying members of ALPA when it comes to an airport near you.

how do you know? that is purely speculation, and a best case scenario.

truth is, the majority here don't want to be the next AWAC. I'm sure you've see this: http://www.doihaveafuturehere.org/

From the ALPA Fastread:

Air Wisconsin pilots, frustrated by their management’s refusal to meaningfully address the problems that have arisen since they began flying as US Airways Express, have launched a “Do I Have a Future Here” strategic campaign. The pilots are especially dissatisfied with recent antilabor measures that Air Wisconsin management has implemented, including stringent enforcement of an attendance policy that imposes discipline on pilots who are legitimately ill, unilateral changes in long-standing policies that have affected pilot pay, schedules that are unproductive and that make commuting very difficult for the pilots, and dilatory processing of grievances.

With the help of ALPA staff, the MEC developed the strategic initiative to put pressure on management to meaningfully address the pilots’ concerns and to compel management to make the changes that will be necessary if Air Wisconsin intends to attract and retain its pilots. The initiative includes the launch of a hugely successful website www.DoIHaveAFutureHere.org.

NOTHING stops Skywest management from using the same tactics (and it sounds like they use it some people already). The difference is that without a union, there is NOTHING you can do about it. The AWAC guys have federal law and a legally binding contract on their side and when it gets heard by an arbitrator, he/she will provide justice.

Last edited:
What did ALPA do for me at my previous carrier? Nothing? What? No one has answered that yet on this thread. Not one person has even tried to answer that question!

Who was your last Carrier? How many Union meetings did you attend to gather information and bring about change? How many Committees did you serve on? My guess is you never attended even 1 meeting and you certainly didn't serve.

Trojan

What is the assesment to pilots at OO when Alpa is voted in? Or is it just start paying 1.95%?

I'm curious to know why we aren't hearing so much from the ASA group after their 5 years of negotiating.

Also, noone yet can explain to me why pilots have been leaving their ALPA represented regionals ...2nd, 3rd, even 4th year pay...to go to SkyWest. Just upgrade?

I sit squarely on the fence begging for someone to convince me...beyond a reasonable doubt...that ALPA will IMPROVE this airline. I am all for your so called "enforceable contract"...but what will the culture be like...and how much will we give up to get that...not to mention 2%.

One of you math gurus out there give us some rough figures.....3000 pilots, avg. salary x 2%? Then tell me it's not about the money. It's ALWAYS about money, union or management.

I keep hearing the words of my dear old grandpa...."Boy, if it ain't broke......"

I respect everyones opinion and choice...regardless of the outcome...lets keep OO a fine workplace.

W

What is the assesment to pilots at OO when Alpa is voted in? Or is it just start paying 1.95%?

No assessment. After about 6 months of a membership drive, those who choose to become members will pay 1.95% of gross income (after medical and 401k) in dues. Also, keep in mind that ALL dues money is tax deductible.

I'm curious to know why we aren't hearing so much from the ASA group after their 5 years of negotiating.

Also, noone yet can explain to me why pilots have been leaving their ALPA represented regionals ...2nd, 3rd, even 4th year pay...to go to SkyWest. Just upgrade?

I sit squarely on the fence begging for someone to convince me...beyond a reasonable doubt...that ALPA will IMPROVE this airline. I am all for your so called "enforceable contract"...but what will the culture be like...and how much will we give up to get that...not to mention 2%.

One of you math gurus out there give us some rough figures.....3000 pilots, avg. salary x 2%? Then tell me it's not about the money. It's ALWAYS about money, union or management.

I keep hearing the words of my dear old grandpa...."Boy, if it ain't broke......"

I respect everyones opinion and choice...regardless of the outcome...lets keep OO a fine workplace.

W

Most of the guys that left ASA (that I know) to go to SkyWest wanted to live in the West. They didn't want to move back East. Your not hearing much because there is another forum we are discussing it.

Trojan

Latest resources

Back