• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What did Mesa agree to??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Com'on man mesa had the support, they had a strike fund and the full support of the brotherhood. You seem to fail to realize that JO is in this to make money and if the team is on strike he doesn't get paid either... You are correct in one sense it's over and ain't nothing that can be done about it now, but you mark my words when the j4j super senority hits those guys are going to be screaming from the heavens about how one has been here all of this time and this person just got he and he is a capt. That's when the real pain sets in, just wait and see. I am not pissed about my contract I am pissed about this as a whole now Mesaba and CHQ are going to have to battle something that should even be there in the first place.

WD.

Wiskey Driver, I'm sorry that you were so unmoved by anything I've said that you "weren't even going to respond", but from everything that YOU have posted, it's apparent that you have absolutely no understanding of how your situation at AW differs from the situation at Mesa. I am pleased for you and your pilot group that your contract is so good (especially because it directly benefits two people I know), but to say that anyone who agrees to less is hurting the industry is utterly devoid of logic or understanding of the current state of the industry (and esp. Mesa). To come up with a list of the companies that are in bankruptcy, in furlough, shut down, or THREATENING to do any of the above would take up an entire post... I am also unaware of any predatory tactics on the part of AW management immediately prior to your entering negotiations.

Just out of curiosity, do you think that SWA pilots are hurting the industry? They certainly make less than the pilots at the other Majors in the same equipment... And on average work more days, fly more hours, etc.

What about the pilots furloughed from Major airlines who have found work at regionals? Surely a furloughed AA pilot is a "seasoned professional" and is now working for a third of what he was making when flying those big silver planes... Is HE a whore? Is he less of a "seasoned professional" than YOU are since he is working for so much less than what he is "worth"??

How about all the pilots at USAirways, the USAirways WO's, United, American, et al, who are agreeing to pay cuts? Are they hurting the industry too, since they are now flying for less than either the industry average for their equipment or at the very least less than their contracts agreed to? I don't think this parallel is too far off the mark...

Do you think it's possible, just POSSIBLE, that it's too much to ask that major gains could be found in contract negotiations when the economy is in the toilet, the number of people flying is drastically reduced, and war was threatening?

How about the possibility that YOUR contract (or similar contracts) are the best we are going to see for a long while? Maybe Mesa's is the first of several contracts for big regionals that aren't going to see major gains?

Just curious guys. If Ornstein could have transferred all the assets to Freedom and operated them at a lower cost with non-union employees, why didn't he do just that and close Mesa? Why agree to any contract? Are there laws preventing the continued transfer? Or would the cost of the transfer been such a tremendous one-time non-recurring cost to the books that the shareholders would have wondered what heck he was doing?

Just seems as if he could have just run with Freedom, he would have.

IP, Yes I'm fittin to raise up and get my travel on in one of these big azz vessels! Botton line is this, mesa could have demanded more, or put JO out of business. You guys seem to fail to realize that this is a cash business, and if they had shut it down do you think that all of the flying that mesa was doing just goes away?????? No another carrier would have stepped in to take over and would need pilots BAD to help cover the load and where do those warm bodies come from MESA!!! Look man, they messed up and bad and I am, just like you really tired of talking about it.

WD.

Wiskey Driver said:
Seasoned professional go for what they are really worth!!!
WD.

Whisky, I can accept that you will never understand or agree with my opinion - that is the beauty of this country - freedom!

However, being a seasoned professional is more than just getting paid!

To all the Mesa pilots that votes yes,

From a pilot at Mesaba that is in the middle of nasty contract negotiations THANKS. You've done more to hurt our negotiations than our managment could ever do. Your contract is a joke, the pay rates are lower than our contract from 1996.

Mesa pilots are the problem with this industry, pilots willing to be whores!

Thanks Mesa

[/B][/QUOTE] However, being a seasoned professional is more than just getting paid! [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah your right, but it is the best part...

WD

I just love it when some pilots here compares negotiation tactics used to get a decent contract 2-3 years ago and expect it to hold water in todays enviroment..........

Exactly, hhab.

I still haven't heard a particularly convincing answer about how it is that SWA is any different from Mesa (lower pay for the same equipment compared to other majors), or if the seasoned pros furloughed from the majors and now working for drastically lower pay at regionals are whores, too.

In any case, I will have to agree with wiskeydriver on one thing, I AM tired of talking about this. I think we should really be more worried about the mess we will ALL be in if this war isn't over quickly, if someone decides to blow up an airliner, or if someone gasses a US city.

THAT is what I am going to concern myself with now.

Latest resources

Back