What constitutes an instrument approach

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
landlover said:
i'd rather be dumb and rich than smart and poor. Plenty of people own airplanes and are smart about. I know of several operations where the airplanes are all privatly owned and put on the 135 ticket to earn the owners money. Also having the AC managed by a 135 the they will take care of the maint.

I would rather be smart and rich that dumb and poor.:p

TDTURBO said:
I would rather be smart and rich that dumb and poor.:p

Me too, but I can't have it all, everyday. Sometimes im rich, sometimes im poor, sometimes im smart, sometimes im dumb. :D Ocassionaly im rich and smart on the same day.

There are other SEAT pilots on the board? Interesting.

I'd challenge any soul alive to prove any "embellishment," because it's something I DO NOT do.

TD, of course, can't read this, because he's put me on his ignore list (instead of fulfilling his threat of three days ago that by the end of the month, when he is done with me, I won't be able to ride a bicycle...). However, perhaps rather than telling lies, he might try to actually prove his claims. If he's attempting to tarnish my professional reputation with lies...then he may have to defend against them in a civil court of law.

If he wants to disagree by providing a meaningful counterpoint using examples, quotes, and authentic reliable data with authority, I'm all ears. If he wants to provide petty insults, have a ball. If he continues to stipulate that I lie or embellish, or do as he has in the past, suggesting I've failed checkrides and other falsehoods regarding my professional standing, then he needs to put up the hard evidence or shut up, before civil legal action ensues.

landlover said:
i'd rather be dumb and rich than smart and poor.
Suit yourself. I've got kids' college savings plans to fund for a few more years yet.

landlover said:
Plenty of people own airplanes and are smart about (what ... it?).
My remark was tongue-in-cheek. There is an old addage in aviation: If it flies, floats, or f ..., well, you know, you're better off renting. There's a lot of truth to that, in my experience. If you have the money, then great! buy a plane.

landlover said:
I know of several operations where the airplanes are all privatly owned and put on the 135 ticket to earn the owners money.
Without making any overly judgmental statements I'll simply say that what you're describing is pretty rare. Most of the time aircraft ownership is a financial shell game that yields a toy for someone's personal while shielding them from some of the costs and taxes associated with that toy. Making money with an airplane is not impossible but it's an achievement reserved for only the VERY skillful.

landlover said:
Also having the AC managed by a 135 the they will take care of the maint.
Awww, now you've shot yourself in the foot. You've PROVEN that you really have no idea what you're talking about. Again, without making too much of a blanket statement, maintenance peace of mind through a 135 certificate is not automatic. Or is that not what you're saying? Perhaps you think that they'll do the maintenance since they're using the plane and that they'll pay for it? It doesn't work like that either.

No matter. Either way, you're thinking about signing a mortgage on a big red bridge in San Francisco that someone's trying to sell you.

Last edited:
Dumbledore said:
Suit yourself. I've got kids' college savings plans to fund for a few more years yet.

My remark was tongue-in-cheek. There is an old addage in aviation: If it flies, floats, or f ..., well, you know, you're better off renting. There's a lot of truth to that, in my experience. If you have the money, then great! buy a plane.

Without making any overly judgmental statements I'll simply say that what you're describing is pretty rare. Most of the time aircraft ownership is a financial shell game that yields a toy for someone's personal while shielding them from some of the costs and taxes associated with that toy. Making money with an airplane is not impossible but it's an achievement reserved for only the VERY skillful.

Awww, now you've shot yourself in the foot. You've PROVEN that you really have no idea what you're talking about. Again, without making too much of a blanket statement, maintenance peace of mind through a 135 certificate is not automatic. Or is that not what you're saying? Perhaps you think that they'll do the maintenance since they're using the plane and that they'll pay for it? It doesn't work like that either.

No matter. Either way, you're thinking about signing a mortgage on a big red bridge in San Francisco that someone's trying to sell you.

yes dumbledork we all know it isn't as simple as I typed. Stop taking yourself and this board with so much passion as if it is all you have. ofcourse i was also being sarcastic about being dumb and rich.take it easy drink a cervaza and listen to some bob marley

Last edited:
List? What list?

TDTURBO said:
No, but it proves you don't, which certainly eliminates you from the list you created.
TD I don't know what your problem is but it involves perceiving things that aren't there. What list are you talking about?

Oops, sorry. Your behavior here got you banned. You can't answer that can you?

Well, while you're MUTE (please not the correct usage of the word here, everybody), I'm gonna take a brief shot at responding to your tide of vitriolic verbal vomit above (you know, the one where you start out saying something about, "If you don't own a plane you're not qualified to be a pilot.").

Simply stated, by saying the things you've said, you've proven that you lack the requisite experience and knowledge to have anything efficacious to say about the matter. Your statements about ADs and all the crap that owners have to know that non-owners don't are simply so much drivel. What you have to know to be a responsible member of the aviation community depends on a lot of things - many of which you are clearly NOT familiar with. Implying that a 747 Captain would be better off if he owned the plane and managed all the associated headaches and details of such is pure NONSENSE and you're a fool for trying to advance that theory here!

You also take some shots at avbug here that again prove that you have no idea what you're talking about. You mention engine failures. Well, they happen on firefighting aircraft and yes, they DO indeed fly in IMC at low levels in mountainous terrain. That's not an embellishment - it's what he does. If you'd pay attention you'd know that.

Avbug has earned the right to be crusty. He's been at this awhile. He's had to put up with punks like you for al lof his professional life. He's got a lot in his head that you could learn from if you weren't trying to nuke him all the time.

Anyway, that's enough said. I'll wrap this up with a little bit of language therapy for you since I know you like to challenge people on their misuse of words.
TDTURBO said:
keeping up with the ever changing challenges of keeping an aircraft airworthy with day to day changes in compliance and rule changes that effect different systems and on and on and on it goes.
Please note the highlighted word. The use of this word is incorrect in this context. The word you meant to use was AFFECT. But you, being a big lawyer, skilled in the precise use of language, knew that, right? RIIIGGGGHHHHT!

Dumbledore said:
Please note the highlighted word. The use of this word is incorrect in this context. The word you meant to use was AFFECT. But you, being a big lawyer, skilled in the precise use of language, knew that, right? RIIIGGGGHHHHT!

are you searious with this grammar correction? just chill!!!!!!!! you need more than a brew maybe some maryjane and a stripper, not sure that that would be enough.

landlover said:
are you searious with this grammar correction? just chill!!!!!!!! you need more than a brew maybe some maryjane and a stripper, not sure that that would be enough.
First of all, this isn't a grammatical correction. It's a LANGUAGE correction. I made it becasue Mr. TURBO shot back at avbug that he was in for a rude awakening in the legal arena if he chose to pursue suing him. That makes me think he's a lawyer.

If he is indeed a lawyer then precision of language is a must. The diference between the word effect and affect is significant and he misused it. He's been blasting some folks in another thread for misusing the word MUTE when the appropriate word was MOOT. So I took the shot becasue I had it.

And now for some other housekeeping.

landlover said:
yes dumbledork we all know it isn't as simple as I typed.
Aww, you can't get any traction without calling me names? You MUST be a DemocRAT.

landlover said:
ofcourse i was also being sarcastic.
really? What part of your post was sarcastic? Seemed pretty argumentative to me.

landlover said:
I am going to go out on a limb here and bet that you are infact the same perosn as avbug.the way you quote is somewhat similar. heck i may be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.
SNAP! whoosh, FWUMP.

I'm afraid your limb just broke and you fell. At least you’re okay. You’ll be a little stiff for a day or two though.

No, I'm not avbug. I'm someone else. The way I quote is the same way that Flechas, FN FAL, Birdstrike, and a host of other members do so why you would try to prove an alter-ego theory on that evidence is beyond me. It's what happens when you use the little quote button at the lower-right of the browser window. Or, you can do like I do sometimes and insert your own HTML tags to create the effects you want. You can see the results of this kind of thing right in this very post.

Look, you don't have to like avbug. He's very opinionated but he has his reasons for being so that are not merely speculative as is the case with a good many folks here.

Latest resources

Back