What constitutes an instrument approach

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A Squared said:
there's some truth to that, however do you recall the change which requried photo ids? No public input, no review, it was just handed down, effective immediately.

Do you really think the requirement had any thing to do with aviation safety or more likely, National Defense????? Also as I recall, there is a provision in CFR 11 that allows a regulation to go into effect at once if there is justification for the bypassing of the normal process. It does not happen often but it does happen and I cannot remember the approval process but I know it can be done in specific cases.

You got to remember that the Administrator's boss is the head of DOT, Congress, and the President. All can give her orders.

The Requirement that you provide a map to your house if you have a P.O. Box was first a DEA requirement, not FAA. We all get our marching orders from somebody.

JAFI

Last edited:
JAFI said:
Do you really think the requirement had any thing to do with aviation safety or more likely, National Defense?????

No, I don't think it had anything at all to do with national defense. I think it had everything to do with wanting to appear to be doing something, regardless of how pointless and ineffective that something might be.

That aside, I am aware of how the edict came to be handed down, my point is that it is not always years of red tape to write regulations.

Latest resources

Back