• Watchers 22

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BlackPilot628 said:
We would all like to move on to the majors and make more money. Just dont Generalize "those CHQ guys", because the majority of us are flighting for the majors and would rather the E190 or even B732 for that matter to stay at the Majors. 85% of us are in the same boat as you, including RP170 among others on this board.

Those meaning the ones on this thread making those comments. Not the pilot group in general. Hope this clears up my comments.

Respectfully,
Super

Hey Im back again. CHQ pilot, and here's what I think. Legal Sea Food's Clam Chowder might be the best stuff out there.

Last edited:
low-key said:
Hey Im back again. CHQ pilot, and here's what I think. Legal Sea Food's Clam Chowder might be the best stuff out there.

I'm not a CHQ pilot, but I think that the lobster bisque is way better.

-Goose

Goose Egg said:
I'm not a CHQ pilot, but I think that the lobster bisque is way better.

-Goose

Ditto, that lobster bisque is absolutely delicious.

chrisdahut24 said:
While I'm not a fan of regional payscales, I have to ask.....90K is NOT a lot of money? What the hell kinda f*cked up budget do you have?

Depends on where you live, my man. My wife and I make a combined income of about 86K and believe me, once we pay for daycare (two small kids) and the essentials of life, we are pretty much paycheck to paycheck. I drive old paid for cars and no credit card debt whatsoever, just for the record.

No sir, 90K ain't a mint. You must not be all that interested in not working after 60 if you think 90K is where it's at.

410dude said:
More thoughts from CHQ pilots.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

flyrr100

Domicile: MCO
Equipment:
I'll bet the guys moaning about us killing the industry flying 190s are 23 year old academy grads who think the industry owes them everything. Wake up. You got into the industry using something that wasn't available five years ago. We all paid our dues flying night checks, flying 135 light twins, or flying for the military. That was after a few years flight instructing. I had 3500 hours when I was hired here and I was the lowest in my class. You flew a seminole for a few months and think you are owed a slot in a 757.
Don't get me wrong. I have no problem flying with low time Perdue or Delta Connection grads. You are all skilled and very professional. Just stop it with the 'I'm gonna be a 757 Captain before I'm old enough to rent a car' attitude. It's a new era after 9/11. If you have to get out, go to UPS or Fedex. Thats where you'll earn the big bucks. If you want to haul people, $90k flying a 190 is looking pretty good to me. Look at JetBlue's 190 rates. You really want to go there? And if I'm bringing the majors down, maybe it's a wake up call for them.
I don't post here much. But you guys need to wake up, and smell the coffee. You fly for a great airline. Ask anyone who was here pre BB.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

flyrr100

Equipment:
What's wrong with wanting to make a cereer at a large regional carrier? I'd love to fly the 190. And I'll do it at our rates. I say again, look at Jet Blue. They are today's carrier. They have today's pay rates. The DC9 Captains you speak of are working on yesterday's rates. Why do you think US Airways and United are in bankrupcy? Why do you think Delta is on the brink? You have to wake up. We are in a new economy now. If we earned $100k flying here, Chautauqua wouldn't exist! We exist by giving our host carriers a good product at a good rate. If you don't belive this, look at Mesa. A lousey product but Delta are using them now. Because they are cheap.
You'll never earn the money that major carriers earn if you stay at Chautauqua. But for the guys looking for a career here, absolutely 190s belong at Chautauqua. If Delta or United want us to fly them, we should.
You have an education. You must know you are in the top 10% of the Nation's wage earners at Chautauqua. Try earning what you do here, and getting 18 days off a month, at Colgan, or even Mesa. Look at what you have instead of what you want.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
flyrr100

Equipment:
One more thing. I care as much about a pilot at a major carrier as I care about a Wal-Mart greeter in Adilade Australia.
I'm a Chautauqua pilot. I care about my future. And 190s and even 777s should be in my future.
Why do you guys lose so much sleep worrying about the future of a US Airways pilot? After all, the chances you'll ever be a US Airways pilot, or even ever want to be a US Airways pilot are slim to none.

Why do you think they are in BK, because they don't charge the cost of the product, so under your theory they need to lower their pay to subsidize the flying public who pays historically low prices.

If you are going to toss around LLC pay atleast have the courtesy to use South West pay, or are they paid to much compared to our industry darling Jet Blue.

Next time you want to tell me you will take the Small Narrow Body flying from me because your small Pen1s and large watch wants to fly a 100 seat airplane for 90K please tell it to my face when you ask for the jump-seat.

You can still ride, I'll just let you know what an a$$hole you are.

AA
:rolleyes:

Heck in typical I've got mine attitude, I hope Mesa undercuts your a$$.

Last edited:
Superpilot92 said:
I am still humble and enjoy my job, i just cant stand people who flat out say how they wouldnt mind making average wages and would love nothing more than to bring down the majors so they can expand. Its just lazy. Read some of the posts some of these CHQ guys are posting. it just gets me going. The job is going great though and i am based in H town now so i am back home. Its great i get to spend alot more time with my wife and son.

I for one still want to move on to a major and or get paid more.

As do I my friend, all I would suggest is that espically on this message board, sometimes what you may read IS NOT the general opinion.

For all you know, and the rest of us, XJET may be the next major, with mainline CAL feeding you guys.

Good deal on you being back in your hometown, I can't quite do that with the current company, so the commuter's life it is for me......good times.

Nice to see you are not nearly as spooled up as I thought you might be.

8HourPilot said:
As do I my friend, all I would suggest is that espically on this message board, sometimes what you may read IS NOT the general opinion.

For all you know, and the rest of us, XJET may be the next major, with mainline CAL feeding you guys.

Good deal on you being back in your hometown, I can't quite do that with the current company, so the commuter's life it is for me......good times.

Nice to see you are not nearly as spooled up as I thought you might be.

Yeah i know i was just getting frustrated because of the thought patterns of some people.
All is well.

Commuting stinks but it wasnt to bad for me. I made it home everytime one way or the other when i was commuting from EWR to IAH. I had to 2 leg it most of the time. Base to base sucked for commuting. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Cya

Allright I am back again, one more time, here we go. Whats everyone's thoughts on paying for pu$sy? I just found out my buddy got a hooker in Vegas. Is it legal in Vegas but no where else or what? What about YUL??

GO, talk amongst yourselves.

410dude,

That is perhaps the most ignorant post I have ever read on this message board.

I am sure the major airlines are lined up to hire you. You seem to think that every pilot flying for a regional airline has no desire to move on. You also seem to think that you will automatically get hired by a major airline and that the rest of us can't get hired. That kind of thinking is both immature and well, ignorant. Many regional pilots are building time until they can move onward and upward. Many will stay at regionals for various reasons. Many for quality of life, ie. more days off, living in a perticular base city. Sometimes it can be better to be a big fish in a little pond, than a little fish in a big pond. But either way a pilot is a pilot. We are all responsible for our passengers safety, thus we ALL have the same job. Your immaturity shows in your posts. Grow up! With your current attitude you would be lucky to get hired by a Regional.

Latest resources

Back