What can Gulfstream do for you?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FreightNazi said:
Once my time was completed (as per the contract) I began to seek employment with regional air carriers. This is where I run into this problem.

Maybe everyone is starting to see the light and filtering through these PFT short-cutters through the interview process at regionals!! Could it be so?!?!

The_Russian said:
True. But that still won't make the airlines pay any better. At 1200 hours you would still take anything just to get out of that 172 after two years. And it wouldn't improve the safety of the system because in the US anyone can be a pilot. And trust me, with some of the people I have taught/flown with, ANYONE can be a career pilot. It will always be about money and networking.

Maybe or maybe not. Because some people may not get into it if the have to work for it and not buy it or better yet earn it. plus with the pilot factories if you pay something like 30k+ like at allatp and get all your ratings in 3 months and an interview. Almost anyone can come up with a loan for that amount, if the mins were 135 mins people would have to pay triple what the do now to buy their way into it and all this start training to airline in less than a year would be done. People would have to work to get in and there wouldnt me as many pilots looking to get into the regionals.

Machdog1 said:
Upgrade to captain there don't go to any regional. Regionals (all of them now) are crap pay and no upgrade time. My advise stay away and if u do decide to go to one u will agree with me after 3 years and u are still making 30-40k a year. If not go to a fractional or do charter, the pay is much better and the upgrade time is quicker. My 2 cents!!!!

Don't you need to drop another $30k for that too?

Pay your dues? I'll tell you about paying your dues! Go in enlist in any branch of the military, serve something other then your self. When someone ask me were did I pay my dues? Columbia 1980's, Bosnia, Kosavo, Gulf-war. While most of you were building time I and many others were abroad keeping oil prices down. I would not change a thing. I had a great career in the military, been to parts of the world nun of you will ever see. I've drinked wine on the Rhine in Germany, sipped café' on the Seine in Paris. Hell, Ive been drunk on Jim Morrison's grave three times. Listing you some of you is like listing to a bunch of little kids arguing over who got to ride in the wagon last. If you are looking for away to experience life, this is not it.

PS. Bondo! are you in a 727?

Tank Commander said:
Pay your dues? I'll tell you about paying your dues! Go in enlist in any branch of the military, serve something other then your self. When someone ask me were did I pay my dues? Columbia 1980's, Bosnia, Kosavo, Gulf-war. While most of you were building time I and many others were abroad keeping oil prices down. I would not change a thing. I had a great career in the military, been to parts of the world nun of you will ever see. I've drinked wine on the Rhine in Germany, sipped café' on the Seine in Paris. Hell, Ive been drunk on Jim Morrison's grave three times. Listing you some of you is like listing to a bunch of little kids arguing over who got to ride in the wagon last. If you are looking for away to experience life, this is not it.

PS. Bondo! are you in a 727?

You are absolutely right, Tank Commander!!! That is true service and "paying your dues!!!" Your service is much appreciated and your future will be bright because of it! Way to go!!

"While most of you were building time I and many others were abroad keeping oil prices down"

That one is up for debate.

Nice debate! You win!!

Latest resources

Back