Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FreightNazi

not an ACMI
Posted from another board. Seems this guy finished his time and nobody will give him a job. Boo Hoo for him!

pilotwithnoplane vbmenu_register("postmenu_5050", true);
New Hire

[URL="http://forums.airlinepilotcentral.com/images/avatars/burning_chute.gif"]http://forums.airlinepilotcentral.com/images/avatars/burning_chute.gif[/URL]

Current: Unemployed & Looking
Ratings: None
Background: Civilian

http://forums.airlinepilotcentral.com/images/icons/icon1.gif What is with the hiring process?
I am having a problem. I understand that many of the regional airlines have pretty low minimums (600/100, 750/200, etc...). What I don't understand is just what are some of the things recruiters look for when choosing applicants. I have had only one interview since applying for first officer positions at various regionals. So far, I have only heard back from two other airlines: Expressjet and Eagle. Expressjet has denied me an interview for the second time, and I was just rejected by Eagle. I understand that I did not meet Eagle's competitive criteria, that's just the nature of my flight time. I don't understand why Express will not even grant me an interview even though I meet and exceed their minimum requirements. I have call the airline and I have never received an answer that makes sense.

My flight time: 1017 hrs TT; 360 hrs ME; 340 hrs Turbine; 340 hrs SIC Part - 121 commuter.

Are these numbers truly competitive for a regional FO position?

I have applied a few other airlines, including Mesa, Air Wisconsin, ASA, to name a few - but no replies so far. Is there usually a time from when recruiters receive applications to when they respond?

I have several associates now in the airlines, who entered with much lower time than what I have.

It has been over 2 months since my last flight, and I am pulling out what hair I have left on my head. If anybody out there has any suggestions, please drop a line; I would appreciate it. Right now, I am just an FO without a job.

pilotwithnoplane vbmenu_register("postmenu_5066", true);
New Hire

[URL="http://forums.airlinepilotcentral.com/images/avatars/burning_chute.gif"]http://forums.airlinepilotcentral.com/images/avatars/burning_chute.gif[/URL]

Current: Unemployed & Looking
Ratings: None
Background: Civilian

http://forums.airlinepilotcentral.com/images/icons/icon1.gif
I flew for Gulfstream airlines under their first officer program
which was 250 hrs. contracted - I actually got alot more time than I bargained for to the tune of 340 hrs. Once my time was completed (as per the contract) I began to seek employment with regional air carriers. This is where I run into this problem.

Some of those same people I knew at Gulfstream managed to get into other airlines with less time than what I have - I mean just right at the required minimums for ASA and Expressjet. As you read from my time, I actually have double the total time thay had when they left G-stream.

Last edited:
The airlines he's applying to sees he worked for GA and probably expects a fat check attached to the resume.

Don't cry on my shoulder about it. Wah, wah, wah...

If other people, with less time from GIA, have gotten on with these airlines, and he hasn't... maybe he needs to look in the mirror, it's probably a personal problem (personality, appearance, low techinical knowledge).

But maybe if you whine about it enough, they'll give you an interview just because they feel sorry for you. :rolleyes:

Can't he just pay someone for an interview?

If other people, with less time from GIA, have gotten on with these airlines, and he hasn't... maybe he needs to look in the mirror, it's probably a personal problem (personality, appearance, low techinical knowledge).

Mabye he's getting rejected because he's just a douchebag...

You are exactly correct!

I can start off by telling you that the bad seeds at GIA get weeded out quick. This guy most likely did not perform well as a pilot/crewmember, had a bad attitude, or didn't know what he was supposed to know (regs, systems, OM; etc). If you told me his name I would probably recognize it too.

Can't he just pay someone for an interview?

No.

R u crazy!!

Upgrade to captain there don't go to any regional. Regionals (all of them now) are crap pay and no upgrade time. My advise stay away and if u do decide to go to one u will agree with me after 3 years and u are still making 30-40k a year. If not go to a fractional or do charter, the pay is much better and the upgrade time is quicker. My 2 cents!!!!

put a part 135 flight time requirement on the 121 side of the ball game and all of these or most of the pilot factorys will go out of business.

put a part 135 flight time requirement on the 121 side of the ball game and all of these or most of the pilot factorys will go out of business.

True. But that still won't make the airlines pay any better. At 1200 hours you would still take anything just to get out of that 172 after two years. And it wouldn't improve the safety of the system because in the US anyone can be a pilot. And trust me, with some of the people I have taught/flown with, ANYONE can be a career pilot. It will always be about money and networking.

Superpilot92 said:

How about making that requirement retroactive, so anyone currently at a 121 carrier without 135 time will be fired.

Latest resources

Back