• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What are the RJ rumors at ALG and PDT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have no idea what the other workgroups concessions consisted of. Probably not much different from ours, but we took pay cuts and changes in our medical benefits costs among other things that escape my memory at the moment. All to let group put more rj's off-site instead of at the WO's, which is fine I guess, I'd rather stay in the dash than fly that tiny sh*tbox junkjet.

Quote of USAirways propaganda article:
"Embraer regional jets have stand up cabins and large overhead bins"
Thats true, if your a circus midget, and don't take any carry-on's.

If the general public weren't such idiots in believing everything the media mis-reported we wouldn't be in as bad a situation as we are. :mad:

i hate people.....

New wo slogan.....

"Jets, never had 'em ----- never will"!

Or my personal favorite found on an ALG crew bag...

Flying Yesterday's Airplane into Tomorrow!

We can also try,

We're Express, We care Less.

It's not just the destination, its the journey, and you'll have alot
more time to enjoy the journey in a Dash 8.

Piedmont, it's like Great Lakes, only with bigger props!

My plan was to build ducting out of thermal tape, attach it to the
APU duct, trick out the WOW switch, and run the APU in in flight.
Voila! An RJ.

It's amazing how the whipsaw has cut into the 3 wholly owns. PSA of course has nothing to lose with there terrible contract. Plus the fact the MEC makes there choices without pilot input. Here at PDT we have so many pilots with over 14years of Dash 8 time, they aren't going anywhere (they are happy), or nobody wants a pilot with 13,000 hrs of DHC time. Plus the fact there isn't many jobs out there. So they just want to see PDT stay in Buisness. Not sure whats going on with ALG, I am sure the same as PDT.
The Whipsaw is a small part of the problem. I think the worst is MESA and the fact they are gonna sign a Contract that will put the whole regional airlines back about 10years. I think the United Express guys better listen up, because Mesa is in talks with United right now. Mesa, if you guys sign this TA, you have doomed the regionals, and you think just the WO's hate you. Wait and see have the whole industry treats you soon. Wake up and have some balls. There is no reason you shouldn't have a contract like ACA, Comair, etc. YOU FLY THE SAME A/C. You do the same job.
Good Luck!

WSURF,

Come on man, were talking about Mesa pilots here! What do you think they will do????

Today in bankruptcy court US Airways CFO Neal Cohen revealed that US Airways has secured financing for $3 to $4 billion for RJs, contingent upon solving the pilot pension plan dilemma.

For US Airways Group, there will be 80 to 100 RJs delivered by December 31, 2004 and the business plan calls for MidAtlantic Airways and US Airways' subsidiaries will eventually operate 160 RJs.

Separately, it has come to my attention that MidAtlantic Airways will have three EMB-170 RJs in service in October 2003.

That sounds about right. The News last night had a blurb about the pilots pension plan, and it didn't sound too good. "Either the pilots give it up, or we will liquidate" said Dave Seigal.If something isn't done soon, the wholl RJ thing is totally moot.

Come on man, were talking about Mesa pilots here! What do you think they will do????

I can't believe how much trash you guys talk about Mesa and there contract when you guys just caved in to save your own jobs. I understand why you did what you did but talk about a double standard. My guess is that you guys folding like cheap tents on your contracts cost the Mesa pilots slightly better rates in there TA. Think about it. You guys are there competition. (I know you guys don't like competition but get used to it) They know they need to keep there costs below yours or they will lose there codeshare with U (and half there jobs). Now that you guys caved, they were forced to accept less to keep there jobs. Everyone is saying that Mesa will bring down the industry with this TA, maybe you guys already started the avalanche. -Bean

Simple fact Bean. Yall lowered the bar for everyone. Thanks a million.

With what is comming down the pipe at airways, either we survive the pilot pention issue, or we don't. Either way, I think it is safe to say that mesa and the contractorw will be extremely limited on flying here. Maybe you'll be in United colors next?? or even delta or American. It's all the same to you guys, you are just a temp agentcy anyway right?

Latest resources

Back