• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What are the latest rumors at Comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard that ComAir was a regional airline and this should be posted in the correct forum.
I heard a rumor that Comair was, indeed, considered a 'Major' airline by the powers-that-be, due to the number of sump'n er other. I can't remember what, though. :(

'Memory' Minh

yea, comair people don't like to use the "R" word. Then are not to sure what to call themselfs and mutter something about being a major thats, kinda regional. the rumors for now are biznass as usaul maybe an IPO and the Q400 are a very hot topics. i have not heard anything about mesa, i dont belive that.

;) jws...I never thought that Skywest would buy us and look what happened? Mesa could be in your very near future! Good Luck!

:( Jetflyer....you are so right! I fear what will happen next to this industry!

Can anyone say.......LORENZ-A-HOE!!!!
Good Luck EVERYONE!!:cool:

If mesa buys comair ill take the faster upgrade and get the he11 out. but for now its not a bad job.

The hot rumor I've been hearing lately is that GECAS is interested in buying us. I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Mesa just doesn't have enough cash to buy Comair. The GECAS rumor does seem to have some pretty good backing. One of the Chief Pilots told me.(There's no way one of the Comair CP's would EVER spread fake stories) :p

I've also heard a LOT about getting the Q400. It's a great airplane for what it does.

Tomct said:
;) jws...I never thought that Skywest would buy us and look what happened? Mesa could be in your very near future! Good Luck!

I understand that Mesa can't write the check for us. I also understand that nothing prevents us from being sold piecemeal. some of you would love to see us out on the street, but I would kind of like to keep my job. Careful what kind of karma you create.

Bob_Sacamano said:
I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Mesa just doesn't have enough cash to buy Comair.

Mesa doesn't have to have cash to buy Comair. They can get get outside backing from banks or private investors. It's a very rare thing for companies to be purchased with cash. Only cash-flow kings like UPS can do that. Most companies acquire and merge by using credit lines from multiple banks or by securing capital from private investors. Mesa purchasing Comair is certainly not out of the question.

Latest resources

Back