• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What are the latest rumors at Comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't say anything negative towards Comair. I was answering the guys question..

I enjoyed my time at CMR very much.. If I hadn't had the chance to fly out of my home airport, I would still be there.

410dude said:
Allegiant flies major equipment for commuter pay!

Dear 410dude
Our 1st year f/o make $41/hour, as much as any other major. The pay doesn't scale up nearly as fast, but by 2nd year you are in the left seat with our current growth. I am making 3rd year capt. pay at $80/hour. I don't think there are too many regionals making 3rd year capt at that rate. I have made more at Allegiant than I ever made even after 11 years at a 'major' regional. We just negotiated pay rate increases, while every major in this country is negotiating:

1. pay cut, on top of pay cut, on top of pay cut, on top of...you get the picture?

2. just to keep thier jobs, while they go through bankruptcy.

The majors are losing XX millions of dollars A DAY because they have made BAD business decisions. One of those BAD business decisions was to agree to pay an MD80 capt $200,000/yr so he can sit on his ass on reserves, turn down every trip that comes to him and never fly. And people wonder why they are all in bankruptcy??? Basic economics, if it cost you $10 bucks to make a pair of shoes and you sell it for $5 bucks, you will LOSE MONEY!!! The majors have yet to figure this out. The airplane is the revenue generator. If the cost of flying that airplane, including the crew, cost more than the price the seats make then you will LOSE MONEY!!! The labor (the crews) and the fuel are the largest cost of any airline. Fuel costs are not controllable per se, crew costs are. If your airline can not make money paying you what they are now, what do you think they are going to do????? They are going to lower your salary regardless of what you think you ought to make.

My suggestion for you is:

a)stop being a flame-baiter, everyone here seems to think you are a child-idiot, and your act is getting old and stale.

b)stop pretending to be something you are not, if you can't have an honest avatar/profile etc. then maybe you need a different line of work, like a lawyer or politician. Providing of course that you are even really a pilot, nothing I've seen of yours so far suggests that you are.

Brian

Why is Comair cancelling their future newhire classes? Because of Bankruptcy?

Is Comair going to lose aircraft and pilots in a bankruptcy? THIS SUCKS :(

Jet

410dude said:
Have fun in your little CE-208, I'll look down on you as I fly over high above you in the flight levels! Oh wait a minute, I'll never see YOU flying because I'll be in the hotel on layover with a hot F/A while you slave away flying around in the middle of the night!

What are you gonna do if you end up with a female F/A on your crew?

jetflyer said:
Why is Comair cancelling their future newhire classes? Because of Bankruptcy?

Is Comair going to lose aircraft and pilots in a bankruptcy? THIS SUCKS :(

Jet

Comair is only cancelling classes due to a number of no shows. We are still extremely SHORT.

RJ Bum said:
Comair is only cancelling classes due to a number of no shows. We are still extremely SHORT.

not true....Something about Delta and future contracts....no shows have nothing to do with that.....I was told first hand late Thursday night....I wish RJ Bum is correct but the recruiter did not sound positive when I talked to him....He did not know when they would start running new classes..

410dude said:
Have fun in your little CE-208, I'll look down on you as I fly over high above you in the flight levels! Oh wait a minute, I'll never see YOU flying because I'll be in the hotel on layover with a hot F/A while you slave away flying around in the middle of the night!

This guy reminds me of the old saying about a pi$$ant floating down the river on a toothpick shouting out "RAISE THE DRAWBRIDGE"

Ok this is what I keep hearing:

Mesa will buy Comair MINUS 50 aircraft.

50 aircraft will not go to Mesa but to General Electric.
Maybe GE after taking the assets that Comair(Delta) once owned will then lease them back to Comair(Mesa)?

Either that or approximately 500 Comair pilots might be on the street because GE decides to send the aircraft somewhere else.

Rumor is that the announcement will be made on Wednesday the 7th.

Oh God help us, saying Mesa and Comair might become one is very, very scary!
Mesa buying Comair = I'm now convinced the Apocolypse is upon us. :eek: Repent!!

Jet

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back