• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What are the latest rumors at Comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Comair is a regional, one of the best. but would go the same way FLYi did if Comair didn't have Delta.

Having worked at both companies, Comair would have a very good chance at being successful on its own. The big difference between Comair and ACA/Indy is the management team, and Comair's management would not have made the same bonehead mistakes Fly I management has made. The fact that we are still around after they have made just about every mistake you could make proves that the transition from a regional to a stand alone carrier is possible. After watching the performance of the ACA/Indy management over the last couple of years I have found the management at Comair is clearly superior. One of the main reasons Leo bought Comair in the first place was to prevent this from happening, and it likely would have if the Mueller family had not sold the company.

It would be funny as hell if the Muellers bought a controlling share in Comair back from Delta, particularly if DM pays Delta a fraction of what DL bought the company for. Dave Mueller would look like a genius, and Leo Mullin would continue to look like the horses rear he is.

Probably the biggest challenge a new ownership group would face is the loss of many good managers that have left Comair since the DL buyout. Would be interesting to see if they could rebuild a good management team and make a go of it. Probably won't happen, but would be interesting nonetheless.

I don't understand why there is always a debate about Comair being a major or not and why it should not be on this forum.

I suspect it is all about pay. If it is, you would be having delusions of grandure about the "major airlines". Or it might still be airplane ego, again delusional.

1st year crj captain pay at Comair $60/hr
5 year crj captain pay at Comair $68/hr

1st year crj 700 captain pay at Comair $66/hr
5 year crj 700 captain pay at Comair $75/hr

1st year MD 80 captain pay at Alligiant $56/hr
5 year MD 80 captain pay at Alligiant $85/hr
( never once criticized for being on the majors forum)

1st year emb 190 captain pay at Jet Blue $71/hr
5 year emb 190 captain pay at jet blue $77/hr.
( never once criticized for being on the majors forum )

I don't think Comair is as far from being a major as some might want to believe.

fellows, Alligiant ain't a major and niether are we. Alligiant is too small and we lack a res system and a few other things that would allow us to stand alone. Let's not confuse DOT stuff with what we know when we see it. We are a good airline though and that is what's really important. We just have to stick together no matter what they throw at us!

Doh,

Good luck to you and all your fellow employees. I feel for you, we are dealing with similar stuff as well.

I was just trying to figure out why nobody ever tries to kick Alligiant off this forum for not being a major.

Last edited:
Prolly cause they don't make a big deal about their status and alot of Comair guys do!

Last edited:
I was just trying to figure out why nobody ever tries to kick Alligiant off this forum for not being a major

I would also say because we fly major equipment. Is there a LCC board to use? How about a "we're making a profit" board? Where would you like to see Allegiant posts go?

Although Comair is a Major by DOT status, the type of posts generally associated with them are more geared for the regional board in my opinion. In reality, who gives a rats behind where a post initiates. The "new posts" link gives you them all.

chperplt said:
I would also say because we fly major equipment. Is there a LCC board to use? How about a "we're making a profit" board? Where would you like to see Allegiant posts go?

Although Comair is a Major by DOT status, the type of posts generally associated with them are more geared for the regional board in my opinion. In reality, who gives a rats behind where a post initiates. The "new posts" link gives you them all.

A very down to earth, lucid post. You should know, however, that Comair egos have nothing to do with down to earth, nor lucid. They gotta have da respect.

Word

Glad to be gone

scopeCMRandASA said:
AThey gotta have da respect.

Who do those stupid RJ pilots think they are, wanting respect? Don't they know that if they are not flying something which has had the title "Mainline Equipment" bestowed upon it that they are not entitled to respect? What is this world coming to? The next thing you know, Dash and Saab guys will be wanting respect as well. Anarchy will ensue. Screw the passengers and bring back the Navajos. What were you thinking, allowing mere mortals into turbine equipment?

scopeCMRandASA said:
A very down to earth, lucid post. You should know, however, that Comair egos have nothing to do with down to earth, nor lucid. They gotta have da respect.

Word

Glad to be gone

Yawn... I'm trying to decide if it's even worth it to give you the one finger salute, or if God's giving you a small d!ck is punishment enough. ..!..

fellows said:
I don't understand why there is always a debate about Comair being a major or not and why it should not be on this forum.

I suspect it is all about pay. If it is, you would be having delusions of grandure about the "major airlines". Or it might still be airplane ego, again delusional.

1st year crj captain pay at Comair $60/hr
5 year crj captain pay at Comair $68/hr

1st year crj 700 captain pay at Comair $66/hr
5 year crj 700 captain pay at Comair $75/hr

1st year MD 80 captain pay at Alligiant $56/hr
5 year MD 80 captain pay at Alligiant $85/hr
( never once criticized for being on the majors forum)

1st year emb 190 captain pay at Jet Blue $71/hr
5 year emb 190 captain pay at jet blue $77/hr.
( never once criticized for being on the majors forum )

I don't think Comair is as far from being a major as some might want to believe.

Yes, pay eventually catches up with you. If Comair is bought out look for the pay to take a beating. JetBlue pay will probably go up, if only minimally.

Alligiant??? I don't think they have been criticized because no one knows who they are. Kinda like a small bug flying around while you drink at the pool.

No one criticizing Comair or JetBlue for being on the majors forum?? Do you look at flightinfo.com often??

Latest resources

Back