Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What are the first two or three months at CAL like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a completely different note -- what can be expected as far as schedules during the first year at CAL? I'm personally hoping to do as much flying as possible, for two reasons: (1) the first year pay is less than half of what I'm currently making (and I don't want to take a second job to make ends meet if I can help it), and (2) I want to get as proficient as possible in whatever equipment I get. That won't happen if I'm sitting around on reserve all month, not doing any flying.

Thanks for any info/adavice you CAL guys have.

I don't know what all the other responses are but Cal is like a foil covered turd. Pretty on the outside but once you get to the inside,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Morgoth, you crack me up!! At 30 bucks an hour, you only have one choice.........being poor. As far as being proficient? Don't worry, you'll be flying your ass off so much, it'll all be a blur anyway. I'd be more concerned about finding cheap booze. You'll be a raging drunk after your first year.

Kugelblitz Really???

And for the little gay horse boy. No, obviously it's not you. It's the girl on here that actually is intelligent and hysterical, at your expense, of course.

On a completely different note -- what can be expected as far as schedules during the first year at CAL? I'm personally hoping to do as much flying as possible, for two reasons: (1) the first year pay is less than half of what I'm currently making (and I don't want to take a second job to make ends meet if I can help it), and (2) I want to get as proficient as possible in whatever equipment I get. That won't happen if I'm sitting around on reserve all month, not doing any flying.

Don't worry! Just bid the 737 in IAH and you will get your 1000 hours a year no prob.

My friend after two months of EWR 737 flying you'll drop the whole 'I gotta fly more' bit, trust me. Unfortunately the wonders of PBS and POS Contract '02 will keep you working more then you'd like. I'm ending the year with over 900 hours flown, but if you looked at my paycheck you would laugh. It doesn't pay to work that hard. Seniority (I pray) will prevent me from flying that much again. Currently at CAL we devour our young when it comes to the junior guy. That's why guys are holding EWR 737 Capt in three years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back