Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What are the first two or three months at CAL like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably a lot like your first year of college, no money, no insurance, ramen noodles, used furniture, sleeping all day, eating bad food, putting on the freshman 15, etc.

The only difference is that in college it only lasts for a few years then you graduate. At CAL the misery last forever...LOL

Oxberger and airksk, thanks. That is about what I was expecting. Just trying to figure out some items around the house and when to get them going. Look forward to being out there with you guys.

Sorry, Pocono. Didn't have much of that kind of life in college, but I was also the type to make sure that I came out of college without the debt of some of these numbnuts.

From my offer letter I see that training is eight to nine weeks. What is it like from there for the first couple of months? All assuming 737 EWR since the majority of pilots are put there.

Are you assigned a line for your IOE? Is IOE only for a month?

How long are the trips that first month?

Do you bid on that line or just assigned it?

I'm just trying to get a feel for life and get the family ready for that first taste of airline life since we have already figured out the financial part.

Thanks.

No opportunities flying the GV someplace?

Like being at a regional.

By the way, don't get sick.:laugh::laugh:

LOL, not hardly. Our contract is much better than CAL's. Being at a regional is pretty much better than being at CAL these days.

Wow, the CAL haters are just like flies around a bug zapper. Just can't stay away. Not worried about the insurance though. Covered in other ways. Just have to plan.

ip241, there are many opportunities with the GV/550 and pay can obviously be very good. It just isn't what I want to do. I've done a couple of contract gigs and just found it to be something I didn't want for personal reasons that I won't post on a public forum.

21 months and getting better all the time!

Well, what can I say. The equipment is good, the seniority progression is unbelievable, and yes even PBS has afforded me for the past 6 months consistent schedules of 18 to 22 days off per month. Even before that, very liveable schedules.

Biggest problem is deciding to do the upgrade on the 73 or go to widebody to preserve qaulity of life until I am a lineholder on the 73.

P.S I just left the schoolhouse today and heard another 700 new hires next year and up to 5 777's coming to cover Shanghai and Heathrow until the 787's get here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back