Skywest CHQ MESA COEX ASA Eagle(92%)Comair AVG
1. 56.03 51.00 51.17 51.60 54.46 50.07 57.99 53.18
2. 57.77 54.00 52.76 53.14 56.08 51.57 59.79 55.01
3. 59.54 57.67 54.35 54.75 57.78 53.12 61.62 56.97
4. 61.40 59.74 55.99 56.38 59.50 54.70 63.55 58.75
5. 63.29 61.29 57.64 58.08 61.29 56.35 65.51 60.49
6. 65.25 63.19 59.32 59.82 63.13 58.04 67.53 62.32
7. 67.27 65.14 60.94 61.02 64.39 59.20 69.62 63.94

* ASA numbers were from 2001, so they should be slightly higher, if someone has the new ones, please post. Also the eagle 93% wasnt figured in to the avg, so capt avg as shown are slightly higher.

Also, this doesnt even account for QOL issues such as Jr. man, commuterclauses, 401k, bennies, etc..

Those aren't "true" industry averages. Why not add in the rest of the 50 seat operators? ACA, ARW, TSA, etc. Furthermore, I'd stop hanging your hat on this "commuter clause." It costs the company nothing and my guess is that your management at CHQ isn't firing people left and right because they aren't getting to work today. It isn't a problem today...and is simply "feel good" language in the future. Nice to have.....but not something that boosts QOL. Things that boost QOL are things like lineholders don't ever sit reserve, a REAL trip trading system (automated and real time over the 'net), and a quality vacation system that allows a pilot to turn a week of vacation into 24 days off for the month, while retaining 75 hours of MPG.

GJ

George Jetson said:
Those aren't "true" industry averages. Why not add in the rest of the 50 seat operators? ACA, ARW, TSA, etc. Furthermore, I'd stop hanging your hat on this "commuter clause." It costs the company nothing and my guess is that your management at CHQ isn't firing people left and right because they aren't getting to work today. It isn't a problem today...and is simply "feel good" language in the future. Nice to have.....but not something that boosts QOL. Things that boost QOL are things like lineholders don't ever sit reserve, a REAL trip trading system (automated and real time over the 'net), and a quality vacation system that allows a pilot to turn a week of vacation into 24 days off for the month, while retaining 75 hours of MPG.

GJ

ACA has all those QOL items you mentioned, except for the trip trading system is still done by a human, in the end. It is on the net, however.

As for commuting clause not being a good or QOL feature, you must not commute.....

KingAirer said:
Feel free to add them. Im sure everyone would like to see it.

I don't need to add them. I already know the answer. If you added them in, you'd find that your "industry average" would increase, thus further showing the difference between CHQ's new rates and the "industry average." Frankly, the "big boost" was to 2nd year FO rates for you guys and in my opinion, it wasn't much of a big boost at all. Your 5th year Captains received a few bucks more an hour. Your 3rd year FO's got squat. Read some of the other posts...at some point, the growth stops and you will have 5th year FO's - but lo and behold, there is no 5th year pay rate? Hmm.....sounds fishy to me.

Some of you guys will get on here bashing me personally but in fact, I am commenting on a TA that in my opinion (and others), DOES affect the rest of OUR 50 seat industry. You've just made it ok for management to pay $21/hr to someone with a 4 year degree, thousands of hours, and tons of money invested in an aviation education. Yes, others before you approved it as well...but with each new TA we should strive to get away from the "I'll work for pennies because I get to fly cool new jets" attitude.

As I've said time and time before, I am not bashing CHQ or the hard work that your EC/NC performed. They had Republic held over their heads and that was certainly a huge win for you guys. But there is still more work to be done...lots more. And you guys are taking it hook, line, and sinker.

GJ

Patriot328 said:
ACA has all those QOL items you mentioned, except for the trip trading system is still done by a human, in the end. It is on the net, however.

As for commuting clause not being a good or QOL feature, you must not commute.....

I mentioned trip trading and a lineholder not sitting reserve. A little research does indeed show that ACA pilots who are lineholders can sit reserve. I reference your scheduling section:

4. Regular lines of flying may only include scheduled reserve days if such lines of flying are built in accordance with the provisions set forth below:

a. Regular lines of flying that are scheduled for less than seventy-five hours (75:00) of credited flight time (exclusive of reserve day credit) and that have more than eleven (11) days off per bid period.

b. The pilot will be credited with three hours forty-five minutes (3:45), of credited flight time for the reserve day or the scheduled credited flight time of the pairing assigned and flown by such pilot, whichever is greater.

c. Such lines of flying may be scheduled for a maximum of four (4) reserve days.

d. The addition of reserve day(s) cannot result in total credited flight time in excess of seventy-eight hours and forty-four minutes (78:44) for the bid period and such lines of flying must be scheduled for at least eleven (11) days off.

Furthermore....on the subject of a Commuter Policy:

Yes, it is a nice thing to have and eases the blood pressure a bit, however it isn't worth "dollars" and my guess is that Tom Moore hasn't been firing pilots due to pilots not being able to get to work. No Commuter Policy is a "free ticket" to work. You still have to be a responsible commuter. Nonetheless, my whole point all along was that CHQ pilots shouldn't go waving their "Commuter Policy" around showing how great their TA is. There are far more important areas to be looking at....

Pay Rates
Work Rules
Retirement & Benefits
Scope

Frankly, the CHQ TA is woefully lacking (with respect to Comair and even ARW's concessionary TA) in all of those areas EXCEPT for Scope.

GJ

I have to disagree (you must not be a commuter.) I have a 2 leg commute and the flights have been so full lately that I have to start my commute not from my hometown airport but to drive from to another 2 hours away. To be at work at 8:00 am on Saturday, I am having to leave my home at 4:00 am Friday. The commuter clause is VERY important.

George Jetson said:
I mentioned trip trading and a lineholder not sitting reserve. A little research does indeed show that ACA pilots who are lineholders can sit reserve. I reference your scheduling section:

4. Regular lines of flying may only include scheduled reserve days if such lines of flying are built in accordance with the provisions set forth below:

a. Regular lines of flying that are scheduled for less than seventy-five hours (75:00) of credited flight time (exclusive of reserve day credit) and that have more than eleven (11) days off per bid period.

b. The pilot will be credited with three hours forty-five minutes (3:45), of credited flight time for the reserve day or the scheduled credited flight time of the pairing assigned and flown by such pilot, whichever is greater.

c. Such lines of flying may be scheduled for a maximum of four (4) reserve days.

d. The addition of reserve day(s) cannot result in total credited flight time in excess of seventy-eight hours and forty-four minutes (78:44) for the bid period and such lines of flying must be scheduled for at least eleven (11) days off.

Furthermore....on the subject of a Commuter Policy:

Yes, it is a nice thing to have and eases the blood pressure a bit, however it isn't worth "dollars" and my guess is that Tom Moore hasn't been firing pilots due to pilots not being able to get to work. No Commuter Policy is a "free ticket" to work. You still have to be a responsible commuter. Nonetheless, my whole point all along was that CHQ pilots shouldn't go waving their "Commuter Policy" around showing how great their TA is. There are far more important areas to be looking at....

Pay Rates
Work Rules
Retirement & Benefits
Scope

Frankly, the CHQ TA is woefully lacking (with respect to Comair and even ARW's concessionary TA) in all of those areas EXCEPT for Scope.

GJ

I guess regular lines of flying can have reserve days in it. I haven't seen it in the 5 years I've been here, but I guess it can be done. It doesn't look like it would be an everyday situation, however.

As far as Tom not firing people because they can't get to work, there's a reason he hasn't been... it's called the COMMUTER POLICY. It's save my butt more than once and has helped out many, many pilots when trying to get to work. It's about as free of a ticket to work as you can possibly get. Considering well over half our pilot force commutes (last I heard), it's a nice feature to have. I agree that it costs the company almost nothing.

Other than bickering over this commuter policy thing, I have to agree with you that the new CHQ pay rates suck and the QOL leave a lot to be desired. I make $57.13/hr to fly the 32 seat dojet around, CHQ will be flying a 50 seat CRJ for $61 and change.... pathetic... MESA's even worse, though! If you include the "soft pay" items such as Deadhead pay, block or better, and proper cancelation pay, I make more flying what is essentially a 32seat turboprop than these guys do flying the E/CRJs.

Makes it much more difficult to negotiate... nevermind the FO rates. I thought they couldn't get worse than our Dojet FO pay rates, but they are......

Latest resources

Back