capt.......... fo
0-1 52.40 . 21.22
1-2 54.08 . 24.24
2-3 55.75 . 30.78
3-4 57.42 . 31.84
4-5 59.06
5-6 60.76

4 year old payscales with 2.5%increase for the next 2 years

This endless complaining about CHQ's TA does remind me of the similar complaining about Mesa's deal of some months ago.

Again I will wonder aloud why it is that noone accepts the gravity of the situations both companies were in when it came to trying to keep their flying out of the hands of startups by their OWNERS.

Mesa did well to kill Freedom and bring back the CCAir people, and now CHQ does well to keep all future Republic flying on their seniority list. Don't these major victories make up for the perceived shortfalls in the specifics of the contract(s)?

I think they do. Why does anyone else think differently??

I.P. Freley said:
Don't these major victories make up for the perceived shortfalls in the specifics of the contract(s)?

I think they do. Why does anyone else think differently??

Many who have not faced the threat of a start-up from within don't understand the gravity of the situation (from the outside looking in, it doesn't look so bad). Many who have never had great pay rates don't understand how each new contract is slowly setting a precedent of poorer pay relative to Commair (despite the reasons for the poorer pay, most of which are legitimate). It's all a matter of opinion.

Keep the large jets at mainline guys, and raise the average by enhacing your own contract.

Am I the only one who thinks it's naiive to expect a Comair-level contract from a company that isn't owned by a major, to say nothing of the fact that it's post-9/11, not pre-9/11?

In any case, I'm actually surprised that CHQ pulled off the "keep Republic flying on our seniority list" clause. I think they done did good.

I also think it's suicidal for a pilot group to say "keep the big planes at the majors". If CHQ (or any regional) doesn't take them, another one will. Besides... It's already done! There are already 70-seaters out there, and to try to limit that growth now is like closing the barn door after all the horses have trotted off.

Just my $0.02. Well, minus 10%, I guess it's $0.018. :D

Don't worry I.P. After those pricks shut you down they are going to take the SA certificate and run 70 jets with it. CHQ might have stopped Rebublic but read the wording. WEX can do what ever the hell it wants.

I.P. Freley said:
Am I the only one who thinks it's naiive to expect a Comair-level contract from a company that isn't owned by a major, to say nothing of the fact that it's post-9/11, not pre-9/11?

Nope.

I also think it's suicidal for a pilot group to say "keep the big planes at the majors". If CHQ (or any regional) doesn't take them, another one will

I want mainline to agree to fly them as the bottom of their payscale rather than a 'regional' fly them as the top of theirs. Better to have job creation at the bottom of a career job than at the top of a 'stepping stone'.

Kingairer, good info. Thanks for posting it.

George Jetson said:
...my guess is that Tom Moore hasn't been firing pilots due to pilots not being able to get to work. No Commuter Policy is a "free ticket" to work. You still have to be a responsible commuter....

Nobody has been fired because we end up calling in sick if we get stuck. I know a few that have been suspended for missing a commute though.

A commuter clause may not equate to $$$ in your eyes but if you have to call in, you run the risk of getting caught and end up on suspension, that is $$$ no matter how you shake it.

For the record, I have not had a direct need for a commuter clause yet, but I have come VERY VERY close and that would have been a nice safety net.

Latest resources

Back