What are competitive times for SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Swerpipe said:
For civilians is probably more difficult to ascertain since not that many civilians post at flightinfo whenever they get interviews and their quals (unfortunately).
Yeah, I've noticed that too.

6000TT
2300 Turbine PIC 121/135
4 year Degree
4 types (737 included)
furloughed 121

Called for an interview in May, 6 weeks after getting my 737 type.

-Fate

Heard from a good buddy of mine that the hiring board consist of mostly military guys and thats why its pretty much military boys getting the SWA jobs.... so all you civilians are fffffuuuucccc kkkkkkeddddd...... hey wait a minute.... Im a civy.....aaahhhhh ccccrrrraaaaappppp..... wheres my will work for food sign:(

mix

there's a good mix of civ/mil...they don't care where you're from or what you flew...they are more concerned with "works well and plays well with others." that, and they want to make sure you're a safe, rule-abiding pilot.

Networ-King said:
Heard from a good buddy of mine that the hiring board consist of mostly military guys and thats why its pretty much military boys getting the SWA jobs.... so all you civilians are fffffuuuucccc kkkkkkeddddd...... hey wait a minute.... Im a civy.....aaahhhhh ccccrrrraaaaappppp..... wheres my will work for food sign:(

The Board consists of Chief Pilots. As of now there are 21 chiefs that have a military background and 12 that have a civilian background. Six of the 21 with the military background had other airline experience before SWA.

Quite a mix.

SWAdude :cool:

All of us SW wannabee's should make one of those MasterCard commercials aboutsitting next to the phone, spending thousands on type ratings. Etc etc

Priceless!!!

Hey Swerpipe and 328dude,

I heard from two of my HPA classmates and they got interviews. Both are 121 CA's. One got the job and I don't know about the guy. The one that got the job said that there was a good mix of military and civy. All the Civy guys were check airmen or IOE CA's. My classmate was not and still got the nod. But he has that real good guy quality about him that helps.

My stats are:
4500TT
1300 PIC-T jet and turbo-prop part 91
2 types 737 included
and previous 121 times
and I work at LL's favorite school
and no call

Getting your Private Pilots Liscense $5000.00
Getting the rest of your ratings $10,000.00
Flight instructing $ alot of your sanity
Flying part 135- got alot of hours and lost alot of my hair
Flying part 121(regional) 90 hrs a month flying and still couldn't make rent. Lost my wife, my dog and my car but I know brighter days are ahead.
737 type rating $15,000.00.
not having a job- priceless

class statistics

I was in the May 10th class. We had 24 students. 13 Civ and 11 Mil. The high time pilot was 12000 civ. I think based on just a one class sample that SWA is looking for good future captains from both walks of life.

Latest resources

Back