What airport has the worst controllers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

freightdoggie

Just wondering what your thoughts are on controllers at certain airports. There are some out there that are just terrible, with moving traffic in and out. N8403J, hold short, traffic 10 mile final, a C-152. Then you go into places like DCA and the controllers squeeze you in so tight, it can be scary... I personally think the controllers at CAE are slowww.....

Thoughts ??? :D

Back when I was instructing the controllers at OAK were not very friendly with us little guys. It always seemed like we were in the way.

The PHL approach controllers were pretty bad a while back but lately they have seemed a little more on top of things. Maybe that new radar is helping out.

Skeezer

CVG

One airplane in, one airplane out, one airplane in, one airplane out. 20 miles in trail.

I've never had many jerks. I will say all the folks at KSLC are exceptional. They are always eager to help and GA friendly.

skeezer said:

The PHL approach controllers were pretty bad a while back but lately they have seemed a little more on top of things. Maybe that new radar is helping out.

I dunno, they vectored us all over creation yesterday, then had to take us through the localizer and back on the approach because we were still too close to the guy in front of us. But it was busy, and the weather was mildly crappy, so I'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt. ;)

Last edited:
I know what you mean about the OAK controllers. Recently, most are pretty cool, except the one everyone calls, "Grumpy."

Nearby Hayward is known in the area for having the most arrogant and rude controllers.

KBJC... Lousy service, plus they're a bunch of drug dealing maniacs...

From the Denver Post

Jeffrey Leib, George Merritt and John Ingold Denver Post Staff Writers
February 11, 2003; Page B-01
Section: DENVER AND WEST

An air traffic controller arrested in a drug case last week may have been using and dealing crack cocaine while on duty in the Jefferson County Airport tower, authorities said Monday.

Kimberly Kenyon, 37, a Federal Aviation Administration controller, was arrested along with 14 other people Friday for participating in a cocaine distribution ring...

It is most definitely IAD. Hands down, don't even have to think about it. These a$$ clowns can't control their way out of a paper bag. I am sick of slowing to 170 kts 30 miles out and getting S-turns across J6 over SAX. They should be fired and replaced ASAP.

Latest resources

Back