• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What airport has the worst controllers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think ATC at CLT does a great job. Anybody familiar with the guy they call "cowboy"? He usually works CLT tower. There job should be getting easier over the next couple of months.....

i like the auctioneer in clt. not from the area, so i don't know if it's the same guy. but he's got a great southern accent and he pretty much just sings everything he says.

he's been working approach 2 times i've gone in there this year. fun to listen to.

Hello,

I flew 135 cargo out of CLT, and found the controllers there to be excellent, courteous and professional. I would venture that just about every Class B airport has a slowdown of traffic flow due to weather now and again. CLT really gets hammered when there is a USAirways "push", so that might explain some of the snarls.

I'd say the worst place I've personally encountered is LGA, but the controllers there do an excellent job, it's just a pain in the butt to get a word in on ground control thats so frustrating. Potomac approach also has it's moments, especially going into Dulles. Tough job though, and I have a hard enough time "herding" a Beech 1900 around and can't imagine handling all the traffic into a busy airport using a radarscope!]

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Latest resources

Back