What AC at Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sunchaser

I have an interview at Netjets comin up and just wondering what aircraft newhirers are getting put into, or is there a choice?

Take the Falcon if they offer, then the G200, Hawker, X, XL and then the Ultra or Beechjet.
What ever they offer, please remeber that upgrades are YEARS away, don't let the interviewers tell you anything else. Be sure to look at the FO pay scale and be sure it will work for you for a while.
Good luck

Thanks, I worked there in high school and have been talking to my old boss. They told me about 12-18 months to upgrade... Not true?

Not true, we keep trying to get this word out to prospective pilots. Upgrades are being taken by senior pilots shifting fleets. It took a collective effort to get some of our members bypass pay and that still left 150 new hires at FO pay. There is no chance of that effort being remounted. FO's will remain FO's for 3-4 years. Sorry to bear the bad news but it's the truth. I'm not trying to recruit you and I have nothing to gain if you hire on or not.

PM me if you have more questions.

x402 is crazy. It's not 3-4 years it's like 5+.

But he still is a good guy. :)

Did ioe on a cool guy last week. Looks like guys with lots of PIC time and know what they are doing are being put in the ultra, xl, and 400xp.

Guys that are coming from the commuters with little or no pic time are going to the X.

Retired airline guys are going to the falcon.

The theory behind it is if upgrades start going quick (don't expect that) the ultra is usually the junior but most demanding fleet. This way they have a bunch of experienced guys uprgrading in the ultra.

X upgrades went to number mid 800's last week which has been here 4 years allready. So if that give s you some idea. Don't expect to upgrade in the X for 8 years.

Diesel said:
Did ioe on a cool guy last week. Looks like guys with lots of PIC time and know what they are doing are being put in the ultra, xl, and 400xp.

Guys that are coming from the commuters with little or no pic time are going to the X.
I wish this were true - I'm a relatively low-time regional guy with little PIC time, and they put me in the Ultra. Another guy I interviewed with, almost the same TT, got the Sovereign. Although I hope the quicker upgrade on the Ultra will be a reality.

x402 said:
Upgrades are being taken by senior pilots shifting fleets.
This has been said many times on this board, and I'm not sure I understand the logic. If there is an opening for a PIC slot in one aircraft, and a current PIC from another aircraft switches fleets to that opening, does that not create an opening in the fleet he came from?

Im trying to bid OUT of the X you can have my PIC seat. Im JR in it but been in the thing for 4 years. I was one of the guys who at one time bid the X in indoc and got capt on it. I have gone D O W N every bid in senority for 4+ years. I wish these other guys would just stay put. A bid is out now and I bet some H-1000 guys come over WHY I dont know :) Now if you want to fly fly fly did I mention fly your asssssssssss off by all means bid the X

Mach92 said:
Im trying to bid OUT of the X you can have my PIC seat. Im JR in it but been in the thing for 4 years. I was one of the guys who at one time bid the X in indoc and got capt on it. I have gone D O W N every bid in senority for 4+ years. I wish these other guys would just stay put. A bid is out now and I bet some H-1000 guys come over WHY I dont know :) Now if you want to fly fly fly did I mention fly your asssssssssss off by all means bid the X

Speaking of flying your asssssss off, I’m in the G200 fleet and I was flying out to Hawaii last week and heard two of you x guys speaking of a return on the same day is that true?

We fly the leg at .83 and it’s a long day with 18 hours off as the norm before the return, tell me it isn’t true Bro.

By the way I saw your vapor trail go overhead as you passed us........

Well the practice of going to Hawaii and back is NOT supposed to happen. I "hear" it used to occur from time to time. If they were doing this the other day it was for sure "A" team # 1 because 99% of us wont do that. I bet it was a former APM or something "taking one for the team"

We go out at .85 or .86 untill the ETP then push it up back to .91 or whatever ISA will give us. Thats going over, comming back I have done max speed most of the time.

Last edited:
This has been said many times on this board, and I'm not sure I understand the logic. If there is an opening for a PIC slot in one aircraft, and a current PIC from another aircraft switches fleets to that opening, does that not create an opening in the fleet he came from?

The answer is that we are top heavy with PIC's. Alot of Capt/Capt pairings. The new hires will begin to balance this out, at their expense. So if I move to the X, they don't really need another 560 Capt and if they do there are SIC's only months junior to me that will be taking those slots.

Latest resources

Back