What AC at Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RJFlyer said:
I wish this were true - I'm a relatively low-time regional guy with little PIC time, and they put me in the Ultra. Another guy I interviewed with, almost the same TT, got the Sovereign. Although I hope the quicker upgrade on the Ultra will be a reality.

This has been said many times on this board, and I'm not sure I understand the logic. If there is an opening for a PIC slot in one aircraft, and a current PIC from another aircraft switches fleets to that opening, does that not create an opening in the fleet he came from?

Good news about some newhires starting on the Sovereign - lucky... With so few Sovereigns flying at the moment, would that mean more or less flying for the newhire FOs? I am sure the Sovereign will sell well - so maybe a lot of demo flights at first.

Clearly the Ultra/Encore is a lot tighter and warmer up front with the big windows, but at least you can do shorter hops...

Last edited:
Hell i'm trying to bid into the X. Mach .92 uprgrading in the X was the guy that got me my captains pay.

4+ years in the ultra and i'm trying to get out of this thing asap. I'm done sweating my bag off and freezing to death in the same day.

I'll take the lack of schedule just to keep my body from going from 60 degree temperature changes.

I've been here about 2 1/2 years and upgrade is still about 300 numbers away. The recent bids have gone fairly senior. Good luck.

For a potential newhire, which aircraft would be preferable if given the choice - the Ultra/Encore or the Beechjet? Given that the Beechjet is relatively new to the fleet, does that mean less flying?

Also, what are the positives and negatives of starting out as an FO on the X? It was mentioned that they fly a lot. Is it the mix of transcon and short hops that are difficult on the X? One would "think" that the X would be a great aircraft to get on with its great avionics and the potential for a wide range of destinations... Yes, I know that the cockpit is very tight and uncomfortable on long trips. Why wouldn't someone want to start on the X?

One complaint about the X is that it's sometimes the "recovery" aircraft when a different plane goes out of service for a mechanical or other problem. With the X's speed, it can often get to places faster than any other aircraft and perhaps minimize the delay to the owner or client.

As for great avionics on a Cessna, the Sovereign cockpit looked quite nice when I saw it last week. I think that might be a fun aircraft.

Take the 800XP if you have a choice! No baggage space, comfy, not a good "recovery" aircraft, and an APU.

When I was there it had about the best mgt team too. Now I hear its the G200. The X would be cool for about six months (and the type for a better job)

I hope ya'll get a good contract someday - you deserve it!

F9 Driver said:
Take the 800XP if you have a choice! No baggage space, comfy, not a good "recovery" aircraft, and an APU.

When I was there it had about the best mgt team too. Now I hear its the G200. The X would be cool for about six months (and the type for a better job)

I hope ya'll get a good contract someday - you deserve it!

Would NJA hire onto the 800XPC - with the new Collins equipment or could you still get hired onto the standard 800XP? Can pilots on the Hawker 800 fleet fly both interchangeably or just one or the other? How many Hawker 800XPCs are there in the fleet?

It really doesn't matter if they hire into what plane.

They say, "your going to xyz. Class is abc. See you there."

It could be the ultra or the falcon. if you want the job..........

Heavy Set said:
Can pilots on the Hawker 800 fleet fly both interchangeably or just one or the other?

It's the same airplane, just different avionics. I have no idea why people make such a big deal about it. All the controls work the same, and the basic instruments work the same. There's no reason that somebody trained in both avionics packages can't fly both. IMHO.

fraccapt you obviously haven't really been in the cockpit of a XPC versus an H.

Although they might be the same airplane and fly the same the avionics are vastly different.

If you jump from one airplane to another don't you think you'd miss a thing or two about programing the box or where the avionics panel.

They make them seperate fleets for safety. So that pilots don't miss anything jumping from one to another.

We don't fly these planes on basic instruments only.

Latest resources

Back