What AC at Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJAowner said:
FracCapt -- call me a stickler or pain in the a$$, but to me (and my family and employees I put on the aircraft) that 2% is very important. I probably fly 40 legs on NJA per year, make that 200 legs over my 5 year contract. 2% "excitement" is 4 more legs than I need to worry about.

Chances are you've been onboard quite a few times when something went wrong, and you never even knew it. No need for you to know it if it doesn't affect you - it only makes pax worry. Most things are minor, rarely will it be something major. If it's something major, you will likely know without the crew telling you.

That 2%(which is probably over-estimated on my part) is where EXPERIENCE and TRAINING come into play. As I have said many times...what we do is not difficult nor is it very demanding....ASSUMING we are talking about experienced, professional pilots. I can safely say this encompasses all the pilots that might be involved in what we are discussing here. Take an inexperienced and/or incompetent pilot, and things change drastically. This is why the fractionals and airlines hire EXPERIENCED pilots.

During that "2%" the pilots will be back to basic attitude instrument flying. Keeping it greasy side down, airspeed adequate, altitude sufficient, etc.. If they don't have the basics covered and start screwing with other stuff they have no business messing with at the time, it's all over.

Tell me this.....how often do you see your crew sweating? Other than when loading bags or because they're sitting in a greenhouse with no(or inadequate) A/C, that is. I mean sweating because what they're doing is difficult.

To paraphrase many, many, many posts I have seen on this board, flying is 99% boredom and 1% you gotta know what you are doing.

Fly safe.

I've always been partial to the phrase....Aviation is 99.9% boredom punctuated by seconds of sheer terror.. The chicks seem to dig that phrase more. ;) :D

Hi guys... I searched the posting but couldn't find answer to this question: can you fly for Netjets with only a second class medical? Or will that regulate you to FO status permanently? Where do you guys base out of on the west coast?
Thanks for the info.

Hogan said:
Hi guys... I searched the posting but couldn't find answer to this question: can you fly for Netjets with only a second class medical? Or will that regulate you to FO status permanently? Where do you guys base out of on the west coast?
Thanks for the info.

The requirements listed at netjets.com specify a First Class Medical. I would contact Jerry McDermand or Derinda McKinstry in pilot recruitment to find out the specifics. If you don't contact them first, your resume could be trashed just because you didn't fulfill the requirements listed...

HD

Perhaps I am missing something but can't an CE750 FO bid for an Ultra slot? Or are you forced to upgrade in whatever type that you are hired into?

You can upgrade in what ever aircraft your seniority number will hold provided there is a bid out. Just like the airlines.

Latest resources

Back