• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What a rip-off....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Went to Signature-MIA a few times and the handling charge was $200. Next time I went in there the handling charge was $250--BUT--they also gave us a keylime pie!!!! There's another net profit of $45 for them!!!! Where does it stop? Everytime I use a Signature (only as a last resort) I feel like I should be kissed afterwards!!!

inthewind said:
I've never been charged a ramp fee at any Piedmont-Hawthorne anywhere we go. I RDU great fbo with great service and people, no charges. I feel bad doing that but they act like it's no problem because they know we'll choose them over a-holes like Signature every time.

Don't get into IAD much do you... :)

El Bucho said:
Don't get into IAD much do you... :)

Piedmont at IAD has been known to charge a so called "Security Fee"
They do charge a legitment landing fee, which is reasonable, but the GM at Piedmont-IAD is a real dick and thinks he can come up with his own fees.

A call from our chief pilot to Piedmont's Home Office (he spoke to a Vice President) rectified the situation at IAD for our company real quick.

The one owner in our aircraft who is doing the Ads in BC&A and AIN starting calling Piedmont, "Piedmont-Hawthorne at Dulles. The NEW Signature West."

The VP at Piedmont Headquarters did not like that comment one bit and said they never wanted to get an image like Signature. He also said the GM at IAD instated the "Security Fee" on his own, and that it is not Piedmont's practice to charge ramp fees or service fees, with or without fuel purchase.

Make Signature work for their money

I try to avoid Signature like the plague, unfortunately sometimes I am forced to use them as was the case in SFO. They have a 300 gallon min. there and at $5.04 a gallon . otherwise it's $325 ramp fee. What they don't advertise heavily is their Gold Cap service. The line guys have a specially made cart that will come up to your plane and vacuum the carpets, wipe down your windows, seats and tray tables, then condition the seats. I also have them do my lav as well as windscreen. this service is free of charge EVEN IF YOU DON'T BUY FUEL. It is included in the ramp fee. The fuel price hurts but that makes me feel a little better. Am I shallow or what!!!!

Thanks Hawkerjet!

I'm going to get my 400 dollars' worth at SFO from now on.

Signature Gold Cap Service

That service is available at all Signatures' nationwide, not just at SFO. I've used it at MMU, and PWK.

I guess I don't need to tip the line guy's anymore since they are being so handsomely paid by said FBO who is charging me to taxi into their ramp space.
Tipping is always a good practice, sonny. Back in my day, I'd tip two bits to a lineman for a job well done. The smile on the lineman's face after I gave him 50 cents was priceless. I still remember one time where I tipped a line guy in Hays, KS. He said it was the best day of his life. I felt real good about that-- I surely did.

Sonny, you seem like a nice young man. don't fall into the trap of not giving lineman no money. Fixed Based Operators don't pay much and your dollars do help those boys in the fuel trucks and tugs.

Fly safe,

GLD

Ok. Exactly how did you find this thread? Grave robbing? I suggest woodworking, golf or fantasy football instead... ;) TC

Latest resources

Back