• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What a rip-off....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While one may perceive that they are not really getting anythng on the QT drop off, the fact is that it is not that simple. Many pure GA airports have a difficult time paying for themselves, they earn money by renting facilities, getting a fuel flowage fee, and providing some services. Much of the direct expense is passed through the FBO. Therefore while you may think you got nothing, the fact is that there was an airport there. It requires money just like the FBO and usually what the FBO charges has something to do with what it pays to be there. The $2.00 you pay at whereever, is $4.00 here because there are 10 more taxes and fuel flowage fees here. Now you think that you are just picking up or dropping off and that should be no big deal as your customer goes straight to his car. Great, but what about the days the car was not there or you were not there to pick him up and he had this really nice facility to wait in.
I understand your trying to put value on things but I know the first FBO I ever got involved with was because the city actually did everything but beg us to take the FBO over. We did and kept an airport open and even growing a bit. It was not from QT's from people who bought nothing. The fact that there is an airport there today for you to land on was the result. You want us to have wireless for you, TV for you, sleep rooms for you, courtesy cars for you, vending machines for you, etc.. etc.. You may not use them but they are there.
We run an FBO and a charter company. We tell our pilots to take the services and pay the fees and tip the line guys.

My two cents...

SIGNATURE at BWI is the worst I have dealt with although they do have a blond behind the counter that is pretty HOT! :nuts:

Latest resources

Back