• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

a320drivr

United Asks for Additional Funds

Robert P. Mark
7/14/2005
Bankrupt United Airlines on Thursday said it needs another $310 million in debtor-in- possession loans as it completes a reorganization plan.

United's parent UAL Corp. outlined its need in a bankruptcy court filing. If the motion wins court approval, the airline's aggregate loan total would rise to $1.3 billion.

To do what with? Furthur increase managements salaries? Line the pocket of Tilton and the bankruptcy lawyers?

a320drivr said:
United Asks for Additional Funds

To do what with? Furthur increase managements salaries? Line the pocket of Tilton and the bankruptcy lawyers?

Why don't you read the court filing instead of posting some smack on an internet message board?

Hey furlough boy,

Smack? How much more does UAL need? Just a question. I guess you have no problem with all the paycuts, pensions disappearing, and Tiltons 3.5 million dollar a yr salary not to mention what the lawyers have been paid.

a320drivr said:
Hey furlough boy,

Smack? How much more does UAL need? Just a question. I guess you have no problem with all the paycuts, pensions disappearing, and Tiltons 3.5 million dollar a yr salary not to mention what the lawyers have been paid.

Nope, I've had nearly 4 years on furlough from UAL to think about it. I just wonder why you give a sh!t why some bank gives UAL another 300 million. Who cares? My problem is people like you jumping on the trash UAL bandwagon.

a320drivr said:
Hey furlough boy,

I don't know what they do with the money, maybe paying millions a year on the baggage system in DEN that they just now figured out...IT DOSEN'T WORK....
The Port in DEN gave up on it years ago as well at other airlines, but not United until last month. Also spending millions on keeping gate space they don't need as a way to keep competitors out. There was a Wall Street Journal article talking about the billions in cost saving they have got out of the employees and a few hundred million in actual real cost reduction ie. paper, pencils, nuts and bolts . United still wants to have their cake and eat it too.

Hardknock said:
WILL UNITED AND USAIR JUST FUKKING DIE ALREADY?????

Kiss my a$$

US Airways has survived enough challanges and shouldered enough pain to have earned the right to hang around and kick your a$$.

idratherfly4283 said:
If United or USairways was my dog, I would take it out back and end it's misery

Your input is really appreciated Mr. MEII C-150 flyer.

We're talking about nearly 90,000 employees and their families.

Latest resources

Back