• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WestJet to partner with Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I bet he knows more international identifiers than you do.

And that is what makes General Lee the super cool, identifier knowing, zebra eating, wine drinking in Paris, 767 driver that he is.

PS. Keep in mind that folks come from all backgrounds to SWA.

Maybe he doesn't go there often. And BOIse sure is a tough one. I bet he knows more international identifiers than you do.

Sorry I did not mean any disrespect to your lover. Please let him know that when you to roll out of bed and you are making him breakfast .

#1 have you ever been to ELP :uzi:? that is not reality to me so that would be an escape.

#2 We stay "on" the beach in FLL with "DELTA" crews in the same hotel...shh don't tell General, he may bid it...plus we have cheap :beer: there. Walk outside to the beach and you have your s in s or guys in speedos for the General :blush:. see not too bad. But since you don't want to fly for SWA...;)...you won't have to worry about it.

I really never have considered SWA. It does pay well, but I want to see the world. I fly for a large regional here in Texas, and I am sick of it. Our flying is probably a lot like yours, some days a couple legs, some 5 or 6. When I am done I am ready to pass out, and I have to keep flying to pay the bills. I really look forward to easier flying, less legs, and some new scenery. No offense to you guys, but I want to use my passport on an airline's coin.

Last edited:
Sorry I did not mean any disrespect to your lover. Please let him know that when you to roll out of bed and you are making him breakfast .

The General was right, you guys do get really defensive when people don't see things your way. Your remarks are not needed.

And that is what makes General Lee the super cool, identifier knowing, zebra eating, wine drinking in Paris, 767 driver that he is.

PS. Keep in mind that folks come from all backgrounds to SWA.

I think the General over does it a bit, but I think he is pretty funny, with great one liners. No, I don't want to "date" him like Mr Slaquer says. And, I am sure SWA attracts great people, but I just want to see certain places and fly less legs than I am right now.

My idea of getting into a plane is to make as much as I can per day, 1 or 8 legs in a 737, at a stable company so I can spend as much time at home where reality is.

PS. Atlas is hiring. Calitta is recalling.

I actually want the "variety" that the General is talking about. I think ATLAS and Kalitta are pretty good companies, but they are also lacking in a lot of ways (like 17 days out in a row, nothing less). I may want to see the World one year, and then do domestic the next. Only a few airlines have that now that are worth anything, and they are DL and CAL(CAL needs a few things fixed too). I don't really want to be a cargo dog (again the pay is great at Fedex and UPS) either. Oh well, a guy can dream I guess.

To each their own-

But every time you covet one of these major airline jobs- while ignoring how they've sold you out through outsourcing- you simply give them permission to keep doing what they've been doing.

Remember: you have awful schedules bc those same majors sold you out- you'll have weak leverage at best to improve things- and will have no vote on how little or much flying your outsourcing company gets to do. Seniority doesn't work if you have to interview everytime you want to fly a bigger plane.
IMO- EVERY pilot who continues to fly for these legacies is a sell out.

I have no words for a regional pilot who WANTS to be part of the group that actively worked to diminish your career. I can barely stand looking at a Delta pilot since they last released scope (again). When was that 2006?

I actually want the "variety" that the General is talking about. I think ATLAS and Kalitta are pretty good companies, but they are also lacking in a lot of ways (like 17 days out in a row, nothing less). I may want to see the World one year, and then do domestic the next. Only a few airlines have that now that are worth anything, and they are DL and CAL(CAL needs a few things fixed too). I don't really want to be a cargo dog (again the pay is great at Fedex and UPS) either. Oh well, a guy can dream I guess.

The problem with southwest is that they'll take most anyone with a checkbook and the ability to pay for your job (except moon-dog that is):laugh:.
I can't even look at one of these southwest, ehem, pilots, for lowering the bar in the industry by having to pay for training.

The problem with southwest is that they'll take most anyone with a checkbook and the ability to pay for your job (except moon-dog that is):laugh:.
I can't even look at one of these southwest, ehem, pilots, for lowering the bar in the industry by having to pay for training.

With all the flying you've given away (scoped out) over the years, it takes some big balls to accuse WN of lowering the bar.

Heck, we were among the lowest paid in the industry for a long time, and now most of you guys make LESS than us. Who lowered the bar?

Oh, and once again, I'll ask: Who, exactly, do you think SW guys pay for training? You mention it in EVERY thread, get corrected, and yet still have the idea that SW is PFT. DL guys have paid a lot more for their training over the years than WN guys.

For the record:

In the 15 years I've been at SW, I, along with all the other SW guys, have never, not once, ever paid one penny for training.......

This is the truth.

Prove to us otherwise, or just shut up about it. It's getting almost as old as the General's longing for LBB overnights!

Last edited:

Nice.
Same old schtick.

But in '06, out of bankruptcy, company on the upswing- DAL released scope to allow 76 seat CRJs - proving they've learned nothing in the 15 years prior.

I pulled my application that day. And I know that there are at least 51% at delta with no spine-
I'll walk right up to your double breasted arrogant a$$es in the terminal and tell you what I think of how you've screwed this industry.

It's one thing to go out and compete- it's a whole other thing to change the rules of the game and stack the deck against the junior- which seems to bea habit for all legacy airlines.

Hate southwest all you want- but my life has been fantastic since day 1 here- and WE have a long tradition of taking care of all our people, but ESPECIALLY our new people-

So piss off-

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back