• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

West pilots to be "strikebreakers."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That being said, why should the east pilots recieve a larger stake in this new company than the West pilots, if we are assuming it was a mutually beneficial merger????????????

Fast

Because the East thinks the West is lucky to share the same airspace...even though the West made their payroll and saved each and every single one of them from the unemployment line.

The East is nothing but a bunch of bitter delusional old men who think that their career cancer will be cured by ramming it into an otherwise healthy body.

They actually believe that "majority rule" is enough to execute their anti-labor plans.

Failure is inevitable...like it always has been for those habitually Bankrupt losers.... AKA US Air. (east). Nic is unavoidable in the long term and any form of compromise from the west has long since sailed.

Your very welcome. I am proud to show my colors and support the professional pilots of my airline, US Airways, and of this country. I hope you can see your way fit to rejoin the brotherhood.

Denny

Scabbing supports your pilots and the profession?? With friends like you........

By the sounds of things on this thread there are plenty. Seem to by mostly out west.

A lot of memories of "high school" behavior too.......

Parker just made lot of money. He bought stock when it was around 2 bucks. Now its almost at 8.
LCC up 16% today.

M

I do not give rides to scabs, end of story. On the other hand I don't care if you are USAPA, ALPA, SWAPA, even non union. I don't care if you are for or against Obama or McCain. I don't care about your race, religion, or sex. I will not take that into consideration when offering you a ride. Just no scabs.

By the tone set by the AWA side in this thread maybe I should double check when I have one looking for a ride.

Like to see the "tone set" by the UAL crowd when the group of "2712" pulls the rug out from underneath you and inserts their own union. Gonna be as smug then as you are now ? Something tells me you must be a real peach to fly with.:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Strike? You got to be kidding me.
There isn't a mediator on either side of the house that would release USAPA for self help.

Why not? Think about it for a minute. Many in Congress and the White House feel that there are too many airlines-flawed thinking because the capacity won't really depart with the airlines but it is how they feel. USAPA is a weak, undercapitalized union, unaffiliated with AFL-CIO, that is in 'control' of an incredibly fractious group of pilots in a time where there is an increasing surplus of available pilots due to the economy. It would be a bloodbath resulting in Airways going out of business or a strike settlement contract that would have everyone crying for the 'good 'ol days' of 2001-2008. Either way Washington would be happy with the result with little political capital expended.

Eaglesview,

Either you're ex-AAA or you've been living on Mars for the past 3 years with the attitude you have towards the HP pilots.

And yet the east pilots heavily involved in USAPA just can't understand why they are viewed as the pariah's of the commercial airline industry. Don't believe me? How about some UAL, SWA, FedEx, NWA, DAL, CAL, et al guys and gals weigh in??

OK....At FEDEX, unless you we're grandfathered in as a non-member before the last contract, you would indeed get fired for failing to pay dues to ALPA. Plain and simple...

""""It is not doing anything remotely salient to being a true union."""

That's just stupid. Denny, you're living a very special fantasy, and posting it on the Internet will probably embarrass you some day (soon.)

Far from the industry wide anger you and yours say is directed to US Airways' pilots new, independent union, every member of CAPA recently called USAPA to see how they could help with the Captain's Authority issue. There are other, very union like things going on, and USAPA is even trying to represent you guys with contract parity on EVLA and trying to mitigate all furloughs. These are union actions that your beloved ALPA would have only talked about....you know, the strongly worded letters to management and all.

So, post away and keep your head in the sand. USAPA is up and running and facing a difficult, uphill battle just as every other union is these days. None of us want to take anything that was ever truly yours, but final or binding or bondage or whatever you want to call it, Nicolau was out of his freekin' mind and the majority of US Airways pilot won't put up with it. Beyond that, we are all just trying to make our world a better place. Oooommmmm.....Ooooommmmmm.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back