• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

West pilots to be "strikebreakers."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any first year law student can tell you that the company will never negotiate items that render this list ineffective in any way shape or form since its already been decided by an arbitrator. Put yourself in the companies shoes and take the emotion out. What would you do?

Negotiate with the union that is on the property for starters.

Oh that Nic award. To bad it will never happen. Just look at the upcoming furloughs.
With the Nic in place there would be almost no furloughs out West and AWA pilots would be displacing East pilots in their positions, even though flying is being cut in money losing West bases. Easties are looking out for their flying and their pilots. Thats why a flawed Nic list will never see the light. Never.

M

It all does not matter what these AWA pilots want. The West will disappear and so will its pilot group at USAIR. Kind of like what happened to the Midatlantic Pilots.

Do not forget. AWA are not USAIR pilots. They can not bid a position at USAIR. They are locked into their aircraft. Kind of like the MDA folks. So lets just let them fold like we did with MDA and get this diseased pilot group off our back.

We do not want them. I say sell them to MESA and give them relative senioirity with no restrictions. They will be back at ALPA and all be happy.

M

Sounds like the stress of Reality is starting to get to our favourite 1999 hire/furloughee/returnee, (thanks only to America West).

If you get this upset every time you bottom feeding scum lose in court...you're going to have a rough life Amigo.

Also, as far as the NIC never seeing the light of day is concerned, Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better about your poor career choices.

Our law firms have a very very different opinion than you do. The difference is they actually know what they're talking about.

Last edited:
Eagle- What motivation does management have to negotiate anything at all w/ AAA? They are loving this situation. The Nic award won't see the light of day- until AAA wants a new contract. Bottom line- the west guys have a contract worthy of waiting the east out. AAA guys don't. AAA has a commuter type contract-- basically the regs-- every day they get to taxi along in their 190 knowing that every RJ captain w/ the same years of service makes more flying a jet half the size.

AWA pilots have already proved that they will scab. I have no doubt they would do it again.

M

I wish you would have directed that post to me and not to a group of guys who are mostly dead or long retired. I have never, ever crossed a picket line in my life. But you see, USAPA is not a union. It is not doing anything remotely salient to being a true union.

So therefore, since this is the age of me, mine and more for me (USAPA), I'm taking a play from your book and saying upfront and in front of everyone who cares to listen that I will scab a scab organization. It is a free for all right now because the east insanity has finally infiltrated its way out of the east. I knew it would happen some day but never thought it would be from fellow pilots.

I enjoy reading your hopeful but hopeless posts and applaud you for making the effort to shore up a collapsing house. But when push comes to shove you can bet I'll be the first one in line to shove the mentality of USAPA and its lawbreaking ways. Put me on list, call me names, blackball me - I DO NOT CARE. What I care about is integrity and professionalism and that and a whole lot more is sorely lacking from the leadership of USAPA.

Guys USAPA wants our payroll numbers. That information is confidential and the union has no right to that information.

We have had west guys sign up as members of USAPA and volunteer to be reps but so far everyone of them has been turned down.

USAPA has sued their own members, lost, and is attempting to sue again.

USAPA claims it can't figure out how to assess dues for non-members and objectors so it will just charge the full rate, use that money to their benefit and then refund it at the end of the year. That is so ILLEGAL it is beyond belief they would even attempt to that!

USAPA has 500 applications for membership from the west and objectors but is just sitting on them for no apparent reason other than to say they have incomplete information. The information required is:

name

employee number

base

USAPA is cherry picking which section of the contract they inherit and which they don't. They like the section 29 - dues payment section but don't like the section regarding the implementation of the seniority award. You can't have it both ways guys.

USAPA is operating so far outside the legal norm and making things up as they go and that is what prompts me to write. So long as people like MCDU continue to pull the covers over their head and the USAPA leaders such as the Bradfords and Clearys of the aviation world exist then I do have a very definite purpose in life! To see that they are taken down, destroyed, and never allowed again to involve themselves in aviation related pilot matters including running a Cessna 150 flying club. They would steal and rob you blind if you were unfortunate enough to be a member.

Keep it coming MCDU. I'm ready! The west is ready. The courts are ready. The company is ready. The government is ready. I hate to be hateful but hate is all we have seen from USAPA and I don't like it. I'll fight them in every way I can.

Most of the east guys see this "organization" for what it is now. They only have a few soldiers such as MCDU to go out and tell lies. And lie is what they do. This isn't a hard nor a very difficult fight. It just takes time. And time will kill USAPA. This is one of the sorriest and saddest aviation related events I have seen in my 35 years of flying. I've not seen so many pilots from so many different airlines get upset about anything since Lorenzo was running wild and naked through the industry. USAPA must be Lorenzo's bastard child.

Denny

denny.....thanks for showing your true colors, and that of your scabby brethren.

Your very welcome. I am proud to show my colors and support the professional pilots of my airline, US Airways, and of this country. I hope you can see your way fit to rejoin the brotherhood.

Denny

Not according to Judge Robert Harris on Oct 30, 2006, presiding over the TWU Arbitration between the AWA and USAir Flight Dispatchers.

The West characterizes the merger decision on AWA’s part as a one-way
economic bailout. But there is no support for this in the record; surely, the
respective companies did not endorse that view. AWA concluded, according to
the statements of its CEO, that “…when we looked out at our future, what we saw
wasn’t good…. Assuming we couldn’t go out and restructure or raise cash, it is
possible that AWA would have been facing its own Chapter 11 at some point.
Employees may like to think we “saved” US but the fact is we saved each other…"

That being said, why should the east pilots recieve a larger stake in this new company than the West pilots, if we are assuming it was a mutually beneficial merger????????????

Fast

Latest resources

Back