West Coast Charters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lynne

Does anyone know anything about West Coast Charters out of Orange County, California? I hear that theyre hiring for KingAir CoPilots.

Fromw hat I understand they put you in a KingAir simulator during the interview. What is the profile? I've not been able to find it anywhere online

Lynne said:
Does anyone know anything about West Coast Charters out of Orange County, California? I hear that theyre hiring for KingAir CoPilots.
Had a friend leave West Coast recently for a PT91 gig. He enjoyed working there. Sounds like a good outfit.

I don't know what your goals are but from the looks of their fleet there might be some good oportunities for advancement.

Good Luck!

A friend of mine talked to the chief pilot there recently. He's a regional airline pilot with lots of experience. He was told they only have openings for lowtimers desperate for experience. To me, that means the pay is really low.

Another friend of mine works there, and he likes it. But he's a captain, not an FO.

Last edited:
I think the CP is Brad Link. I had a friend get on there a couple of years ago as an FO in the King Air, starting at 28K. I don't know if it is still the same. It is a good place to work, good people at the top, and all the way down, good MX, and good airplanes. They operate a large fleet of King Airs...some charter, some frax. They also have a good fleet of jets, mostly Lears, 45's and 31's, and a 40.

I stand corrected...the CP is Jack Weselis. He also flies their Astra.

A friend of mine talked to the chief pilot there recently. He's a regional airline pilot with lots of experience. He was told they only have openings for lowtimers desperate for experience. To me, that means the pay is really low.

O c'mon English... can't be much different from Aloha... lol .. I'm sure that on WCC salaries, they can buy a nice house in Socal too heh?

Astra

skiav8tor said:
I stand corrected...the CP is Jack Weselis. He also flies their Astra.

Do you know if they are hiring for a Co-Pilot on their Astra? Now THAT would be a great job to have. I am excited at the possibility.

Hey all. WCC is a good company and hiring a bunch right now. I can't speak for the CP, but I know that we are short on captains and fos right now.

As far as English's quote, "He was told they only have openings for lowtimers desperate for experience," it's off base. WCC tries very hard to hire quality pilots that will be able to upgrade in a relatively short time. There are NO low-time copilots desperate for time. We have empty seats due to people upgrading, KA fleet growth and people moving up to jets.

For a King Air FO, I think the pay is very good. At least 10k more than at a regional and you'll upgrade a heck of a lot faster.

DO NOT mention the FO postion on the Astra if you know what's good for you. It's staffed by one of the guys doing the interviewing.

WCC is a good company run by people that try to do a good job. Is there the occasional screw up? Of course. Do we get overworked at times? Of course. Do we get to fly nice planes for a decent paycheck with an excellent chance for advancement. Definitely.

Koolaid is not my favorite drink, but as far as 135/91 work goes, I think that WCC is a good opprtunity in the LA area.

Feel free to PM, but I might take a while to get back to you 'cause I tend to be a little busy...and a lot lazy.

Matt

deskjobssuck said:
Hey all. WCC is a good company and hiring a bunch right now. I can't speak for the CP, but I know that we are short on captains and fos right now.

As far as English's quote, "He was told they only have openings for lowtimers desperate for experience," it's off base. WCC tries very hard to hire quality pilots that will be able to upgrade in a relatively short time. There are NO low-time copilots desperate for time. We have empty seats due to people upgrading, KA fleet growth and people moving up to jets.

Sorry, I'm not off base. This was said to someone very close to me who called me the instant he was finished talking to Jack.

In any case, I've always heard very good things about West Coast Charters. That's why I remembered the comment - because it seemed so outside what I expected from an organization like that.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back