West Coast Charters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pa56pa said:
A friend of mine talked to the chief pilot there recently. He's a regional airline pilot with lots of experience. He was told they only have openings for lowtimers desperate for experience. To me, that means the pay is really low.

O c'mon English... can't be much different from Aloha... lol .. I'm sure that on WCC salaries, they can buy a nice house in Socal too heh?

Touche.

You'll have to come over in about another 3 weeks. The pool and spa will be completed by then - margarita pool parties all summer!

what kinda times are they looking for? CFI out of Brackett here (POC) with almost 1200 TT and 200 multi looking to stay in so cal for the next year or two. Just looking to take the next step and stay local for the next cpl of years. Any info would be appreciated. Thx

:eek: I hear Guardian Air at ONT is looking for low time FOs...if you don't mind signing a three year, 27K contract in exchange for 24K a year. D'oh!

English said:
:eek: I hear Guardian Air at ONT is looking for low time FOs...if you don't mind signing a three year, 27K contract in exchange for 24K a year. D'oh!

I hate to again state the obvious (at least to me), but if 500 to 1,200 hour pilots would stick to what they SHOULD be flying (C421, Navajo, etc.), then these offers wouldn't really matter. If you MUST get into a jet with very little multi time, PIC time and Total Time, then you SHOULD have to work for peanuts and sign a HUGE contract (and after all that you're still doing career a dis-service). Jets should be flown (in both seats) by pilots who have honed their skills as PICs of a cabin class twins, then a turbo-props, THEN the right seat of a jet. It's a two way street. As long as there are pilots who don't want to go the 'normal' route and just have to get right into a jet, there will always be some low-end operators who will give them that wonderful oportunity.

Patience is a virtue, and virtue is it's own reward. (blah, blah, blah).

Ace

Lear 60, too...nice entry-level aircraft, don't ya think?

and as long as you have operators and their afilliated insurance companies allowing low time pilots to fly these jets for $24K, you WILL get "wanna be" jet pilots signing up.

Question is... If you knew how low these times are, would you let your family on the flight? :confused: NOOOOOOOOOTTTT!!!

I just received two PM's asking me for contact info for Guardian Air.

Did I make the job sound enticing or something?

Yeah, you said low time and hiring. That's all most CFI's hear.
Well, a couple of other things too, but not going there in mixed company!

Latest resources

Back