• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sam Snead

Roger, Roger.
West Coast Charter $?

Hi,
How long does it take to make more money at West Coast Charter? The ad on climbto350 says start at 50K.
Thanks

Last edited:
After 1 year, you get a small raise. Nothing fancy... I think it goes up to like 52k.

You can probably get $10k or so over base pay by being an aircraft manager & training captain as well.

how long does it take to move into the jets?

As I understand, there is no defined path to the jets from the King Airs. It is just a matter of who you know, and who likes you more than anything else.

Some people have been hired into the jets directly, some have taken 6 months, some have taken 5 years, some have never gotten into the jets at all.

None of the jets are owned by West Coast Charters, and therefore the owner is the one who ultimately picks the crew, not the company.

As the situation was explained to me, I wouldn't recommend going there thinking you will get into a jet.

Hi,
How long does it take to make more money at West Coast Charter? The ad on climbto350 says start at 50K.
Thanks

Ouch. $50K in SoCal won't go far - especially after Cali taxes... Then again, it beats most entry regional jobs in the area. Plus, flying a B350 around the West Coast wouldn't be too bad at all if you can afford the job (maybe your spouse/partner works too)...

Gulfstream 200 is pretty accurate, except for the pay which I wont discuss here.

However, you get hired into the King Airs. If you are in the right place at the right time a jet position may or may not open up. Definitely no direct link from King Airs to Jets.

If anyone has any questions I am more than happy to answer in private, show you around the facilities and or talk face to face.

Is jet pay and schedule based upon the owner?

In the end, yes the schedule & pay is based upon the owner. The owners a/c manager generally picks the charters to accept or not accept. Similarly, the owner decides the pay for the crew. West Coast Charters will make suggestions, but won't require pay to be a certain amount.

Latest resources

Back