Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"We're the highest-paid narrow-body (jet) pilots in the free world," he said...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like you are still pissed because I told you that SWA was PFT, hum?

Actually, SWA pays the new hire pilot during his/her training here. It isn't a requirement that one has to "pay" for a type to get hired at SWA.

I most certainly didn't pay for my type....in fact, I was actually paid ( a handsome sum, I might add) while I getting my 737 type.

Lear 70, I couldn't agree more with you on the fact that we are taxed to death and it is not right. You should check out "America: Freedom to Fascism" on youtube, it explores the constitutionality of the income tax in the US among other things. I found it very interesting.

I too would love nothing more than to get the money I am paying into Social Security every month, we all know we will never see it again.

I even agree that we need to have a system that takes care of those less fortunate in this country. I just favor a system that utilizes the free market to provide those services. If we weren't taxed to death, compassionate people like you and I would be willing to give to charity more regularly. Those charities would take care of the people in need better and more efficiently. At a minimum it should be left to the local or state governments. I think the worst thing we could do is give more control to the Federal Government, our Constitution was set up to prevent us from doing that.

I didn't mean to turn this into a political discussion, but it is interesting. By the way there is a candidate running for President who has a plan to eliminate the IRS and income taxes all together while reigning in Gov't spending http://www.ronpaul2008.com Good luck trying to get any information about him or any of the other non "Top Tier" candidates through the biased mainstream media.

I agree 100%.... however who do you think ALPA is going to endorse in 2008? Expect to see Hillary as the ALPA endorsement... and they wonder why the PAC doesn't get much support?

Fred Thompson is worth a look also...... Very Reagan like.....

I'm interested in starting a movement. Lets see how many people are interested in simply opting out of social security. No more money in, and we expect nothing back when we retire.

Any takers?

Given that most of us have paid in 15-25 years already of Social Security, I'd like to see that money returned, even with no interest paid on it, but otherwise, yep, count me in.

Ron Paul, like you said, gets very little attention. It is too bad too, because from what I have seen of him he has a lot of good to offer.

I'm interested in starting a movement. Lets see how many people are interested in simply opting out of social security. No more money in, and we expect nothing back when we retire.

Any takers?

I'm in. I already expect nothing back when I retire-at age 70 or so the rate things are going. How they hanging caddy?

Good man, you? Good to see you on here. I'm just wasting time instead of studying for my recurrent PC this afternoon.

I like what you've written for your current position. We should put in for check airmen, seeing as we're already doing the job, right?

Any takers?

How do you propose to do that? They take the money out of my paycheck without my permission.

Latest resources

Back