• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

well that was quick.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You mean like the IBT taking dues out of my severance pay when my airline went out of business. Then telling that they had no obligation to assist any of us in our job search, you mean that kind of union stuff.

Good to see you around here again, YIP. Is it time again to remind everyone of how your non-union company totally screwed over your pilots, firing people who were on a certain fleet type no matter how long they were with the company, allowing pilots junior to them to keep their jobs just because of the equipment type they were on? You must have been very proud of that, saving your company some extra training costs!

You mean like the IBT taking dues out of my severance pay when my airline went out of business. Then telling that they had no obligation to assist any of us in our job search, you mean that kind of union stuff.

And yet my union, NJASAP, refunded all the dues the furloughees paid, and tried to help with job searches.

Not all unions are the same.

Good to see you around here again, YIP. Is it time again to remind everyone of how your non-union company totally screwed over your pilots, firing people who were on a certain fleet type no matter how long they were with the company, allowing pilots junior to them to keep their jobs just because of the equipment type they were on? You must have been very proud of that, saving your company some extra training costs!
Shows how much you know, I was against that, I wanted strict seniority, but when your boss says no this is the way we are doing it. You go along, it is a military thing following orders no matter how bad they are, as long as they are not illegal. BTW That policy has been changed by the new DO. Stick seniority in all layoffs, which probably won't be necessary with everyone getting jobs at Spirit, Atlas, etc.

Last edited:
What do you mean, shows what I know? That's what your company did, did it not? This is the type of thing a union prevents, YIP. Be proud of your non-union company's actions.

What do you mean, shows what I know? That's what your company did, did it not? This is the type of thing a union prevents, YIP. Be proud of your non-union company's actions.
It just sounded like you were blaming me for something I did not do or support. It is only my company because I work there I have very little input other than saying this guy can't fly. BTW After the failed UAW organizing drive in 2003 the company took the Toyota approach. That is be better than the union competetion so your workers won't want a union. I helped write pilot policy handbook put everything in writing and so far the company has lived by the rules

Sorry YIP but all the time you spent on a pilot policy handbook is completely worthless if they do not have a collective bargaining contract to enforce it. Everything you wrote can and will be changed by management to their satisfaction. That is what you want though, isn't it? Management having the ability to do whatever they please without a union getting in the way with pesky contracts?

Sorry YIP but all the time you spent on a pilot policy handbook is completely worthless if they do not have a collective bargaining contract to enforce it. Everything you wrote can and will be changed by management to their satisfaction. That is what you want though, isn't it? Management having the ability to do whatever they please without a union getting in the way with pesky contracts?
Not at all, I tried my hardest to make it a good place to work with whatever influence I had as a recruiter and training guy. In many ways a union contract would have been easier to manage the pilots, easier to discipline, easier to fire, it establishes very clear cut rules. But the uppers did not want that, so as a good soldier I charge up whatever hill they wanted. Thing that bugged me about being in a union. for the union guys nothing was ever good enought for them, there always had to be an issue.

I established one the finest training programs that ever eixsited at the lower end of the airline industry. I have seen the guys I hired and trained go on to career jobs at DAL, UAL, UPS, FedEx, NJ etc. Many have stayed in touch with me; thanking me for giving them the foundation that allowed them to succeed at next level. They have also told me that the training at their next job in most cases was no better than what they got under my watch. And in many cases much worse. That is what life is all about mentoring, giving to others to see them succeed. That is all that matters my scoreboard.

On a lighter note... Way to go GV guys (and all the other company w************************* picking up voluntary extended days). Thankfully there are more pilots not participating than are. Expect of course in the GV. Wouldn't surprise me if there are brown stains on the radomes....

Latest resources

Back