• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

well that was quick.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But if the company approved your LOA, you would get your job back.

(That is all explained in the contract)

You didn't have that in writing at NJI?????Hmmmm?????

I hope you also have the Loss of License insurance the Union made available last spring?

Hope your feeling well today, I figured you were a little crabby today since I just got done rebuffing your post on the other thread.

Lastly, since your laid up sick at home READ THE CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, we are all stuck in this together, we can use all the educated pilots we can get.

Have a good one G4! Semore

(Hell, we aren't even being shot at for Petes sakes!)

Heck Semore, I can't even force myself to read the Rules of Golf, and I have been playing for 41 years! It is a character flaw, I know, and I should read the contract. We mouthbreathing conservatives are not good readers anyway. :)

Thanks for that info, but I wonder. Is it compassionate to take other people's money to help my loved one? Shouldn't my loved one's loved ones pony up, including me, which, by the way, I am doing as we speak? Why is it compassionate for a third party to take from Peter to pay Paul? Its a really good deal for Paul, but what about Peter? It is also a good deal for the third party, who gets to talk about how compassionate he is, with Other People's Money. Just sayin.

A little off topic, but I've found this to be the prevailing view amongst a lot of conservatives in this country. A group that claims to be predominately Christian. I find the contradiction interesting.

I want to live in a country where people take care of each other.

A little off topic, but I've found this to be the prevailing view amongst a lot of conservatives in this country. A group that claims to be predominately Christian. I find the contradiction interesting.

I believe people's loved ones should take care of those who can't take care of themselves. If, however, everyone takes care of everyone else, the perverse incentives reward those who don't BOTHER to take care of themselves, bankrupting the hard workers. I am related to several poor people who are poor because that's how they choose to live, and they know the welfare system will bail them out. I and other conservatives believe in personal compassion, not compassion with other people's money.

Be careful what you wish for, OZ. The welfare states are all going broke as we speak. 2012 is gonna be an UGLY year.

Take care of each other as in help you change a tire when you're stuck on the side of the road? Hells yeah, I'll even stop and help if it's raining. That's how we roll in the South. You work hard, take care of your family but don't make much money and have to choose between eating dinner that night or paying a bill? I'll cook extra that night and ya'll can come on over.

Take care of each other as in put food on your table because you're a lazy SOB and won't do it yourself? Nope. Enjoy your diet, Ace.

There's taking care of each other, then there's propping up people who won't do for themselves. We are turning into a nation of propping people up who won't do for themselves. Much like Europe has been doing for several years now. Look how that's turning out....

You do. Christians are very generous with their hard-earned money. We give it to our churches and they, in turn, give it to the community to help those who need food and clothes. We also donate our time and talents for people who need it. I'm sure there are other religions who do the same thing.
I think what you are referring to is the idea that Christians don't want the GOVERNMENT to force us to give it money, in the form of taxes, to fund programs that our against our moral beliefs. I don't see that as a contradiction.

So the company could fill my position while I was out, but would have to give it back to me when I can fly again?

Come on G...

Let's think about this for a second. When is the last time we hired here? Not only that, on the levels we were hiring it wasn't a one for one exchange. It was based on projected growth and that had many factors involved.

I did a little legwork for you. Took me five seconds on "the Google". Just perusing the first page it looks like there may be a 12 week limit stipulated but I'm positive you could take an extended LOA from the company if you had extenuating circumstances.

The point I think myself and others are making is that you need to familiarize yourself with our contract and any federal laws that my make your life a little easier.

Political dogma be damned.

http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/benefits-leave/fmla.htm

Come on G...

Let's think about this for a second. When is the last time we hired here? Not only that, on the levels we were hiring it wasn't a one for one exchange. It was based on projected growth and that had many factors involved.

I did a little legwork for you. Took me five seconds on "the Google". Just perusing the first page it looks like there may be a 12 week limit stipulated but I'm positive you could take an extended LOA from the company if you had extenuating circumstances.

The point I think myself and others are making is that you need to familiarize yourself with our contract and any federal laws that my make your life a little easier.

Political dogma be damned.

http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/benefits-leave/fmla.htm

Fair enough!

Yeah, "christians". It's funny that the entire republican party is comprised mainly of christians, yet when it comes to issues, they should really be voting democrat. Democrats are all about social programs (helping people), and republicans are all about helping rich people and saving unborn babies. I'm not so sure Jesus had reducing taxes for the wealthy as part of his plan.....

Christians believe that taking care of people (social programs) should be accomplished through family and the church, not the federal government. While I would say that most Christians are Republican, I would not say that most Republicans are Christian.

Yeah, "christians". It's funny that the entire republican party is comprised mainly of christians, yet when it comes to issues, they should really be voting democrat. Democrats are all about social programs (helping people), and republicans are all about helping rich people and saving unborn babies. I'm not so sure Jesus had reducing taxes for the wealthy as part of his plan.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back