• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

well that was quick.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G4, if (god forbid) someone you love becomes seriously ill, so that you have to be by their bedside 24/7 caring for them, you will quickly become familiar with the FMLA, and you will bless the people who created it. Every family that has had children since the '90's knows about it. The FMLA is one of the few acts that makes our country a little more civilized in how it treats its citizens. Brought to you by unions and the Democratic Party, with, to be fair, some help from moderate republicans. Many a manager has tried to ignore it, or to pretend that it does not work the way that it was intended. Luckily for every one who draws a paycheck, it does.

Waco

Thanks for that info, but I wonder. Is it compassionate to take other people's money to help my loved one? Shouldn't my loved one's loved ones pony up, including me, which, by the way, I am doing as we speak? Why is it compassionate for a third party to take from Peter to pay Paul? Its a really good deal for Paul, but what about Peter? It is also a good deal for the third party, who gets to talk about how compassionate he is, with Other People's Money. Just sayin.

For claiming he pays no attention to union matters or the contract, G4 sure does talk a lot about them, doesn't he? The contradictions coming from his screen name here leave one's head spinning, unless of course you realize that he's being paid to try to divide the pilot group and make some ridiculous pitch for management (which through reason and logic has been shot down). He won't go away until this latest issue has been resolved, then we'll see him and B19 again come contract time. All the while he's claiming he doesn't visit the union message board and doesn't know the issues affecting the pilot group. Interesting.

For claiming he pays no attention to union matters or the contract, G4 sure does talk a lot about them, doesn't he? The contradictions coming from his screen name here leave one's head spinning, unless of course you realize that he's being paid to try to divide the pilot group and make some ridiculous pitch for management (which through reason and logic has been shot down). He won't go away until this latest issue has been resolved, then we'll see him and B19 again come contract time. All the while he's claiming he doesn't visit the union message board and doesn't know the issues affecting the pilot group. Interesting.

What's even worse, I am doing all this for FREE. :)

I don't know what you are worried about, IMAC. You have the numbers. I freely admit my view is in the minority. I just enjoy the conversation.

Thanks for that info, but I wonder. Is it compassionate to take other people's money to help my loved one? Shouldn't my loved one's loved ones pony up, including me, which, by the way, I am doing as we speak? Why is it compassionate for a third party to take from Peter to pay Paul? Its a really good deal for Paul, but what about Peter? It is also a good deal for the third party, who gets to talk about how compassionate he is, with Other People's Money. Just sayin.

FLMA only guarantees the time off- your saved vacation and sick time are your pay and when they run out, you are no longer paid, but you will have a job to come back to. There could be individual companies that for one reason or another offer pay on FLMA leave that doesn't come out of sick our vacation days, but that is not the law.

FLMA only guarantees the time off- your saved vacation and sick time are your pay and when they run out, you are no longer paid, but you will have a job to come back to. There could be individual companies that for one reason or another offer pay on FLMA leave that doesn't come out of sick our vacation days, but that is not the law.

Thanks for the clarification, jtf.

But maybe not the job you left. There are loop holes in that law big enough to drive a G-IV through.

I don't know NJ's CBA inside and out, but I'm fairly certain your flying job is protected - by the CBA - for however long you're on medical leave. You don't have to accept that negotiated benefit if you don't want to - feel free to give your job to someone else.

Last edited:
Once you used up your leave and vacation time you'd revert to something like an LOA. Your job would be secure.

Once you used up your leave and vacation time you'd revert to something like an LOA. Your job would be secure.

So the company could fill my position while I was out, but would have to give it back to me when I can fly again?

I don't think they would "fill your position"

But if the company approved your LOA, you would get your job back.

(That is all explained in the contract)

You didn't have that in writing at NJI?????Hmmmm?????

I hope you also have the Loss of License insurance the Union made available last spring?

Hope your feeling well today, I figured you were a little crabby today since I just got done rebuffing your post on the other thread.

Lastly, since your laid up sick at home READ THE CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, we are all stuck in this together, we can use all the educated pilots we can get.

Have a good one G4! Semore

(Hell, we aren't even being shot at for Petes sakes!)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back