Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Well I finally filled out the SWA app what are the odds?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
inthewind said:
...including the 1-v-1 which I won all five merges.

Curious--who was the opponent, what was the load out, and...define "won." Not a flame, but just curious. We don't get such well-rounded folks of your ilk here that often. We once had a dirigible pilot here too, but after some examination, we discovered that he was just a piano player in a whore house.

Come on now

I am gonna have to stick up for my weak sisters here. As an Hornet driver, I find it quite a leap to think of a guy that can "win" five fights with no viper experience. Were they guns kills, rammers, or heaters? I guess I did let an E-2 (yes, an E-2) whip up on me at the boat for fun. And, uh, what were you fighting? By the way, nothing but respect for the Cobra brethren, just wondering about your fights. I'll bet its a good story.

You Milli (Vanilli) guys better brush up on your dog fighting and chest thumping stories for the interview. Yeah, 'cause we do a lot of dog fighting here at WN.

I hear next year we are getting 73's that have hard points....

Whatever, I don't have to defend myself to a bunch of arrogant a$$clowns! Chill, I'll buy you a beer and tell you some stories sometime. Like about the arrogant hornet a$$ that asked to see my best short break in the turbo weenie, he woke up on short final. I guess he was missing his speed jeans! I thought you guys only wore those for the chicks. No offense meant to you Chili just pokin' some fun.

inthewind...

See, I knew there had to be more to your story. You shouldn't have any problems getting called. The type would definitely move you to the top portion of the list, IMHO.

Are you at Meridian?

Juvat,

You crack me up!:D Didn't know the Juvat Boys Choir had a piano player. I have seen Brunnigans/Punk House (Old School) be a whore house, though. Good times on the Rock.:beer:

hey Inthewind,

It is unfortunate that some often take themselves a little too serious for this business. You asked a legit question and wound up taking alot of B.S. Don't let it get to you. SWA is interested in who you are, not necessarily what you did to become qualified.

If you want an honest opinion, I think you meet the minimum qualifications and that is all that matters. Getting the call is a little more tricky. It is hard to say. I recently got called for an interview. I got my type-rating last January. I am a civilian with about 1800 pic turbine (part 121) and roughly 2400 sic in the 737. All I can say is keep flying and update often.

Read the book "NUTS". Even though the book has been out for 10 years, it will tell you a little about how the place got started and what SWA is all about.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Wesb737fo said:
hey Inthewind,

It is unfortunate that some often take themselves a little too serious for this business. You asked a legit question and wound up taking alot of B.S. Don't let it get to you. SWA is interested in who you are, not necessarily what you did to become qualified.

If you want an honest opinion, I think you meet the minimum qualifications and that is all that matters. Getting the call is a little more tricky. It is hard to say. I recently got called for an interview. I got my type-rating last January. I am a civilian with about 1800 pic turbine (part 121) and roughly 2400 sic in the 737. All I can say is keep flying and update often.

Read the book "NUTS". Even though the book has been out for 10 years, it will tell you a little about how the place got started and what SWA is all about.

Good Luck

Dude, you should at least buy him dinner before you stick your hand down his pants.

F16TJ said:
Juvat,

You crack me up!:D Didn't know the Juvat Boys Choir had a piano player. I have seen Brunnigans/Punk House (Old School) be a whore house, though. Good times on the Rock.:beer:

Ahhh...the memories. Jack & Cokes at Brunni's, LWEFMs, falling through the ceiling at the Chicken Ranch, the Boys Choir (of course)...

Definitely good times on the ROK.

Guys,
Thanks for the advice, I will get the type if I need to. Right now I am working on a corporate gig that is one of the best in the US. Only two guys have ever quit and they tried to come back within the year. No dice! I will know in a couple of months on this gig. I just heard that SWA was interviewing without the type too, wanted to know how competitive I was without it. Thanks for the advice, and smack talk. Believe me I can hold my own, I'm a SKID KID!
And I ain't takin no $H!T from someone that wore a powder blue shirt!

Latest resources

Back