Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Well I finally filled out the SWA app what are the odds?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

inthewind

When will spring be here?
Finally filled out the app. what are my chances? No type. Almost 1500 Military T-34 PIC/Instructor. Check airman. 250 Jet Pic. 5480 Total time.

Of all the T-34/military guys coming out of our sqdn it is running an overall average of ~30% success rate once you get the interview call. All those have been with the type,although we obviously see the trend changing lately. Rebekah in the PD has repeatedly told me that they compare military to military folks and likewise civ vs. civ, so it all depends largely on what the other military apps look like. Best of luck to you and I am sure you will get a call before too many months go by!

PS- What sqdn r u in?

Zero percent

The only percentage for sure is 0% if you do not fill out the application. The only recommendation I can give you is to fly as much as possible and update, update, update. Best of luck to you.

inthewind,

lots of time, and you comment on the T34 instructor stuff, so what gives with the cobra and viper listings? Of course SWA don't care for the chopper time, but you've got lots of F16 dirtbags working here, so I'm sure your chances will improve if you've flown it. Good luck, and keep a good attitude. You seem competitive to me.

kelbill said:
inthewind,

lots of time, and you comment on the T34 instructor stuff, so what gives with the cobra and viper listings? Of course SWA don't care for the chopper time, but you've got lots of F16 dirtbags working here, so I'm sure your chances will improve if you've flown it. Good luck, and keep a good attitude. You seem competitive to me.

Excuse me? F-16 dirt bags? Let me guess...you must have been one of those guys who would land in Oman once a year for the combat theater tax break. Meanwhile, your a$$ grew wider while you ate bon-bons sitting in your comfy Starlifter chair. Give me a break.

I won't say it can't happen without it, however, with the number of applicants on file with a 737 type rating, it would greatly improve your chances of being called if you can scrape up the coins to check that block on the application. Although ....Mr. Orr said it right.... Fly alot, and keep updating. You never know.

inthewind...

inthewind said:
Finally filled out the app. what are my chances? No type. Almost 1500 Military T-34 PIC/Instructor. Check airman. 250 Jet Pic. 5480 Total time.

Dude, explain your time a little bit better if you want an honest assessment of your chances. You've got F-16B/D listed as an aircraft flown. You've got DorkJet, RJ, and lots of Lear's, yet only 250 jet PIC and "almost 1500 Military T-34 PIC/Instructor" but you have 5480 total time. Something doesn't smell right.

Not trying to flame you, it just doesn't look right.:confused:

As a T-34C Natops/Eval and Out of Controlled flight Stan instructor, on two occasions I spent a week teaching your Air Force test pilots how to recover from three axis out of control and zero airspeed departures. For both of those instances I recieved an hour in an F-16D, yes I was at the controls for the entire flight both times including the 1-v-1 which I won all five merges. I am a Cobra guy but only 1000 hours is in that. I have 1500 instructor (PIC) hours in the Turbo Weenie. Of course at ACA after I was there only 8 months the backwards slide began, when Yo-nited came untied. My resume is far from BS. Thanks for asking.

Latest resources

Back