Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Typhoon1244

Member in Good Standing
What's the weirdest thing you guys have seen in a simulator? (And I don't mean PC-based simulators...I mean things you actually sit in.)

I once saw a firetruck hovering 13,000 feet over Atlanta. :D

I once "landed" fifty feet above the ground in Macon, Georga. (That was a surprise...)

I once time-warped back into position-and-hold right at liftoff during an attempted V1 cut. (I was fifteen at the time...one of the most disorienting experiences I'd had!)

Anybody else?

ILS 22 LGA in the Dornier. Perfect approach and then over the numbers the plane exploded.

Apparently there's an invisible mountain right there for some reason or another.

Wow, I had no idea the sims were so quirky. Must have something from Microsoft in them.

Someone I know was trying to do an ILS for the first time in an older AST sim, when the aircraft emerged from the clouds it was at a 90 degree angle to the (only) runway.

I like the firetruck one.

When I went to ATP we had an AST 300 without the visuals, it was supposed to simulate Seminoles, but I swear the thing outperformed most Lears. I once flew PHX V95 GBN V66 BARET BARET4 SAN inverted on one engine. Incidentally, will an HSI reverse sense while inverted? It did in the sim, and we had quite a debate over it.

Last edited:
in St. Louis, about 13 years ago when i was....11, i was in the stationary F-4 sim at the guard unit at Lambert, "Lindbergs own". A family friend was able to do it for us, but anyway they were always finding things in the programming to mess with or discover, they just found the carrier catshot programming about a week before i got there, anyway they ran scramble alerts and practice intercepts on russian aircraft for the usual training, but one aircraft somsone put in there they could practice intercepts on was a Klingon Bird of Prey.

I never saw it but my friend saw the fuel truck hoovering somewhere over Florida above 10000 in the B1900D

Flight Safety-ICT, a couple years ago, flying along with nothing broken/failed yet when the FS building is struck by lightning.

The sim lights went crazy with a few blown projector lamps, the hydraulics let go, the instructor yells "holly $&*t", my sim partner actually thought that it was part of the training and declared an emergency!

Im sure most of all the PSA guys will agree, but landing on the aircraft carrier off the coast of New York in the Dornier was always fun untill they deleted it because our DOT had a fit about it. By the way, it can be done if you pull the parking brake. Rumor has it they didn't delete it, just moved it to the MIA-R145 55DME Fix. (hint hint) LOFT's are cool.

Vortex, funny. LOL

I used to like it when they would put me configured about 200 feet AGL over the end of the runway and freeze horizontal motion so you could actually fly a stabilized approach, round out, flare, and landing without moving.

Latest resources

Back