• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Weight restricted? Grrr...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At least you had a chance with the RJ, regional turboprops are ZFW limited from the starting gate. Lot's of types can't fill all the seats no matter how cold the temp, how clear the wx, or how short the flight.

'Lot's of types'????

Okay, turboprop expert, whatever.

Those are good points, but by the time the gate agent booted me, the flight was already 30 minutes late. I hadn't spoken to (or bribed) the captain. As for the previous responses, you're telling me they don't have enough flexibility to fudge 200lbs on a 50,000lb airplane? Brilliant. I always make the numbers work for a jumpseater.

If they do ACARS W&B, then no, probably not. The easiest way to fudge the numbers is to lower the fuel, and with ACARS, the fuel is sent with the OOOI times. So, they would know if the fuel difference is that large (whether anybody would follow up on it is anybody's guess). Plus, if it's a CG issue, the ACARS is much more exact that the CG wheel, which could be fudged.

I'm willing to bend over backward to get a jumpseater on, but I'm not willing to put my certificate at risk to do so. That being said, I've filed different routes, changed my cruise altitude, held flights for ballast, shuffled bags around, taken headwind credits... there's lots of legal options.

Last edited:
ACARS at Comair? Please...

The weather sucked in BOS, so no amount of pencil-whipping is going to get you on. I used to commute GSO-ATL and if the airplane had an alternate, I'd go back to Ops and take a nap. It just wasn't going to happen.

Jumpseating isn't a right. It's a privilege. The reasons you're denied aren't really important; you don't have a right to ride. Walk away.

Well it used to be now its by the captain within parameters given by the company and getting thru the gate agents is one of them...

And sadly, thats about the best way to sum it up in this day and age. The JS has become one of the true ultimate erosions of PIC authority.

Latest resources

Back