• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Weight and balance plotters

matchthehatch

Total Time
My boss has asked me to look into the cost of those aircraft specific W&B plotters. The black metal thingamabobs. Anyone know the name of the company that does these? I imagine you send them your latest W&B Data sheet and they manufacture it specifically to your airplane.

Thanks.

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Total Time
We just got this for the Lear 31A and it's great. I would recommend getting the Computer version on CD-ROM. I just keep it on my laptop.

Rick1128

Total Time
22000+
Shamus said:
If you flying 135 you must be approved to use it for w&b.

Quite true. But most FSDO's seem to favor the system. You will have to do several problems to show that the system is at least as conservative as the AFM method.

xrated

Jeezz, What have I Done?
Total Time
Huh?
h25b said:
We just got this for the Lear 31A and it's great. I would recommend getting the Computer version on CD-ROM. I just keep it on my laptop.

Screw the computer. With the plotter and carbon copy manifest, you can have your W&B done before the computer is even turned on. A LOT cheaper that way also.

AZ Typed

Hobby's Flyin
Total Time
Screw those Plotters! Use a SEE GEE wheel - quicker, easier to change / move weight, won't poke a hole in the leather, just an all-around better product.

AZT

matchthehatch

Total Time
Shamus said:
If you flying 135 you must be approved to use it for w&b.

Not 135, thank God.

On another subject - How do you put a title under your avatar?

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Total Time
It's not that big a deal to get your FSDO to sign off on it for 135 use... At least with our FSDO its not...

aeronautic1

Virgil_Tracy
Total Time
www.ultranav.com

We use both a metal plotter and the above ULTRNAV (Approved in our Ops Spec for Part 135). There is a demo on this site. Check it out. It's terrific!!