Weight and balance plotters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

matchthehatch

My boss has asked me to look into the cost of those aircraft specific W&B plotters. The black metal thingamabobs. Anyone know the name of the company that does these? I imagine you send them your latest W&B Data sheet and they manufacture it specifically to your airplane.

Thanks.

We just got this for the Lear 31A and it's great. I would recommend getting the Computer version on CD-ROM. I just keep it on my laptop.

Shamus said:
If you flying 135 you must be approved to use it for w&b.

Quite true. But most FSDO's seem to favor the system. You will have to do several problems to show that the system is at least as conservative as the AFM method.

h25b said:
We just got this for the Lear 31A and it's great. I would recommend getting the Computer version on CD-ROM. I just keep it on my laptop.

Screw the computer. With the plotter and carbon copy manifest, you can have your W&B done before the computer is even turned on. A LOT cheaper that way also.

Screw those Plotters! Use a SEE GEE wheel - quicker, easier to change / move weight, won't poke a hole in the leather, just an all-around better product.

AZT

Shamus said:
If you flying 135 you must be approved to use it for w&b.

Not 135, thank God.

On another subject - How do you put a title under your avatar?

It's not that big a deal to get your FSDO to sign off on it for 135 use... At least with our FSDO its not...

Latest resources

Back