Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And they look down and say

"you must be a Shorts pilot":laugh: :laugh:

Freaking idiots.. just walk in.. get your whatever you need to get and walk out.

If you're that insecure about your uniform then why do you even wear it in the airport? If you're wearing it around to be seen it's a different story... but on the way home who freaking cares. I'm tired, grumpy, and want to sleep...

I'll take my ID off or turn it around if I'm gonna buy beer... that's about it. Too annoying to take the epaulets off...

I got off a trip not to long ago and stopped by the local Safeway on my way home. I saw a few of my friends taking turns skateboarding on a great curb out front, when I walked up towards them to say "hey" they took off through the parking lot thinking I was security ready to run them out.

Fellas what the heck is going on here. When is it shameful to be a pilot. If your on your way home from the airport and you want to go grab a bite to eat, who gives a sh what your wearing. Your human. You look more like a fool trying to do a quick change in the lot or walking into a public place looking like a half pilot. Guys we gotta start taking pride in what we do and who we are. After all people write books, make movies, and dream about what we do. When in the uni stand tall and be proud, when others look at you and take notice its because they remember back when they were that little kid and seen that person in a uni and identified him or her as a pilot.

I'm going to make it a point to leave my uniform together when stopping off for coffee going to work, or at the store on the way home. Just so I can come on here and see someone busting a nut about it on the internet. Too bad I don't wear my hat!

I don't see anything shameful about wearing the uniform, it's just for some reason, the pilot's uniform seems to be an "idiot magnet". I endure enough stupid questions at the airport, and getting on the airplane for the commute, that by the time I leave work, I have had enough.

On another note, have you noticed how relaxing it is to walk through an airport without your uniform and know that no one will bother you? It's nice to be anonymous sometimes.

LAXSaabdude.

I think it really depends on where and what you are doing... Let's be real here.. late at night and your doing minor shopping.. or do you have the wife, kids and a full basket of goodies?

Big difference between the two.

Bluto said:
Who cares? I stop by the store on the way home all the time. I used to "de-identify" before going inside, but I've decided I really don't care if anyone thinks it's weird. I'm not doing it to look cool, I'm doing it to save myself a trip. Nobody cares if a cop, firefighter, or military guy shops in uniform.

I'm on the same page. screw the rest.

dondk said:
I think it really depends on where and what you are doing... Let's be real here.. late at night and your doing minor shopping.. or do you have the wife, kids and a full basket of goodies?

Big difference between the two.

That says it all!...... end the thread

I'd always leave it on. Why? Because it's a royal f-ing pain in the a$$ to remove all that $hit. I want my dam frosted flakes now. I'll take the dam thing off when I get home.

Latest resources

Back