• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wearing ID while non-rev

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I prefer not to wear the ID while non-reving. This way I don't feel guilty about not helping the crew clean the airplane. Also I enjoy grabbing my stuff and running up towards the front as soon as the seatbelt sign is off.

I dont like to rant at all but this one I could not leave alone......sorry.

Put your ID in your pocket. Show it to TSA, put it back in your pocket. Show it to the gate agent, put it back in your pocket. Show it to the crew (ie Capt,FO,FA's) put it back in your pocket. If you need to wear it for the world to see, then Im sorry your &^%$ is so small and if you are my FO, its going to be a long month......

I dont like to rant at all but this one I could not leave alone......sorry.

Put your ID in your pocket. Show it to TSA, put it back in your pocket. Show it to the gate agent, put it back in your pocket. Show it to the crew (ie Capt,FO,FA's) put it back in your pocket. If you need to wear it for the world to see, then Im sorry your &^%$ is so small and if you are my FO, its going to be a long month......
And if you were my captain I would agree, why would you let what other people do bother you so much? Dont want to wear your ID, then dont, if you do then do.

Why do I see this so much? What is the purpose of wearing your ID badge around your neck while you are nonreving? You just want to make sure people know you work for the airlines, and that you are special?

If anything, I don't want people to know I am nonreving.

People that do this just scream doche-bag.

Some airlines requested that their employees do this after 9/11 to help restore peoples trust in flying.

It also is an easy way for cabin crew to identify able bodied pax and extra crew members to assist in an abnormal situation.

Badge + Gov't Doc's + Uniform = crew security line, use of jumpseat if flight is full, able to strike up conversation with other crewmembers and meet new people

So I think the general consensus is that wearing your ID badge while non-reving does in fact make you look like a douch e bag.

Also, all these people saying you wear it to help get through security. Has TSA changed their policy? Most places I know will not let you take regular liquids and toiletries through unless you have an ID and are in uniform. Have I missed something?

The fact is, there is no need to have it displayed. I think wearing it is like saying to the other passengers "yeah, I am flying for free".

Because when one enters via the back door after loading the POS plane, pax don't freak out. And when one is the last to get up, and then starts cleaning out the **** seats, pax continue to not freak out. TDY can be fun.

Latest resources

Back