• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

We have to stop S.J.S

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"SJS" is a lame excuse. That SJS brochure is lame.

SJS started long before there were SJ's. It started when you were getting paid to fly in the right seat of a Baron, 310, 421, aerostar, etc. and someone came along and said "Hey I need multi time, can I ride in your right seat and you don't have to pay me anything". That turned into "Hey, I need multi time, can I pay you to ride in your right seat to build time?". That turned into commuters (oh oh, the bad word) realizing that people would actually pay for their own training to fly a turboprop. Then you spend time in the Philly trailers listening to the Mesa guys with stars in their eyes because they get to fly a jet. Big F'n whoop dee doo, at that time it didn't matter whether the fan was inside the cowling or outside but "Hey, I'm flying a jet" doesn't matter what I'm getting paid. Remember watching the new jet pilots land, you swear the nose wheel was going to hit first, and sometimes it did! If I'm lyin, I'm dyin, that's the history of SJS and until the puppy factories stop pumping out "I'll fly for less" things won't change.

Like you were never a "I'll fly for less" guy!

yea, and I had to walk to work in the snow (uphill) to fly a Bandit for 12 bucks an hour.

It was uphill BOTH ways for me! And where did you find this $12/hr paradise, we got a buck ninety eight... and we liked it!:D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back