• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

We have to stop S.J.S

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Classic. If it could only be made into a movie. Wonder who they would get to play Jimmy.................:p

SJS is symptom.... If you want to cure the disease then go to Capital Hill in DC. In addition, globalization and liberalization of the international market place will have more effect on our careers than young pilots wanting to get thier airline career started... which by the way was all of us at one point...

Funny, I don't remember any A320's or EMB190's pilot positions open when trying to get my first job, just turboprops.

If there were, would you have rejected the jet jobs and flown a turbo-prop? What did the low time private pilots of the late 1960's do when UAL called?

Nonetheless, the point is not trying to get individuals to pass up opportunities, but to make the career what it needs to be....

S.J.S. How about B.J.S.?

Basically, if it is beneath me, I don't care - send it out to the lowest bidder.

Scope has been negotiated by mainline pilots, not regional guys. In fact, the regionals have been excluded from scope negotiations and have no scope. The mainline pilots' representatives designed the race for the bottom and ALPA Economic and Financial Analysis has provided spreadsheets with "bargaining credits" for the outsourcing.

You have to stop B.J.S. first. S.J.S. is just an effect.

Last edited:
We would have taken any flying job to build time. Stop being soooo honorable. If this industry suck move on to something else.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back