• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

We could learn from Chinese pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to agree with the underlying sentiment here. Until you have traveled the world and LIVED in the places that you see on the news, you will not understand it. The amount of double speak in America is shocking. Propaganda is alive and well back in the States. Expand you horizons and do some serious traveling before you cement your beliefs of what is and is not true.

Most of you all probably have flight benefits for yourself & family. Why don't you get out of the country and use them, then determine things for yourselves?

-FW

Most of you all probably have flight benefits for yourself & family. Why don't you get out of the country and use them, then determine things for yourselves?

-FW

Flights are pretty full and the dollar sucks...nothing like getting stuck someplace with money that isn't worth much.

Wow, you know I was looking forward to have a nice "online conversation" with someone who loves traveling to foreign lands as much as I do. However, to compare our so called "abuses" to what the Chinese have been doing to their own population for decades now only shows your total ignorance of history... Amazingly stupid comparison...

One last thing, I never said the abuses were equal. You made that up in your own head. I said all countrys have abuses, and listed a few of the US's. Hence, no comparison.

Heading back to the US tomorrow. Gotta love a 12 hour flight with 2 kids.......

Peace. Out.

"CE750Driver - ... Sorry you dont like alterate opinions from the "truth" Fox is giving you. I will say it again, I love my country, but it is as dirty as most, and if it was in Chinas postion, could be worse... "

I guess we’ll settle for me caving in to Fox propaganda and you succumbing to Chinese brain wash, fair enough?

Didn’t think so; if you use your simplistic pointers you’ll get the same in return.

Look, I know that both sides exaggerate some things and yes there’s lots of ignorance on BOTH sides. To compare the US to Chinese when it comes to human rights abuses is simply absurd and I think it’s a moot point to even discuss that here.

"... Btw. Nice Avatar. Do you like killing all arabs, or just certain ones. How ignorant. Educate yourself... "

I guess you missed the disclaimer I've had since I started using the avatar, huh? Well, it at the bottom of each post I make - I still think it's funny because of the sarcasm in it - some people despise him while others idolize him - this avatar hits both camps, that's all.

... The amount of double speak in America is shocking. Propaganda is alive and well back in the States. Expand you horizons and do some serious traveling before you cement your beliefs of what is and is not true.
As someone who's born and raised in Europe I must say the very same applies to the other side. The ‘amount of double speak’, share ignorance and "know it all about America" attitude on the other side of the pond is just as shocking.

Many Europeans think that watching CNN every now and then and a weekend trip to New York equates to a Masters Degree in history and politics of America.
Europeans in particular would love for the American might to be available to them when they’re in need, but ONLY when they need it; otherwise they'd want the US to be invisible to the world. Fortunately that will never happen.

... The Norwegian contribution in Afghanistan is fully in line with the capability of the small armed forces of our country.
Sorry my 'gutt' friend but surely you must be kidding me? You mean 100 soldiers is all Norway can afford to fight terrorism in Afghanistan? (a war you so 'gratefully' approve of).

Are we thinking about the same country? You know, the country that not only has ZERO national debt due to the record high oil revenues but that has well over $210bn surplus in its State Petroleum Fund?

Really? Wow, what's next? The earth is flat and Quisling was a freedom fighter? :eek:

BBC recently had an article where they said that for the very first time almost all the content on BBC website is accessible within China; however it’s only the English version (most Chinese do not speak English) and they did not expect this “openness” to last after the Olympic games.

I just returned on Friday and BBC News still not available on the internet in China (except HKG). You can though get BBC News in most hotels though anything negative on the Olympics and the satellite feed mysteriously disappears.

Latest resources

Back